YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have to store my quad outside in the elements for a year or so...

Anyone have the 18P-F81A0-V0-00 YAMAHA SPORT ATV COVER?

How does it fit in the 450rs? Does it fit tight or loose? How u like it?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yea don’t think it will hold up to the elements. I had one back in the day too but it was same situation as you shee in a garage

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
It's a cool cover and repels water, but yeah. Its better for just keeping dust and sparks off. That's about all it's for. Also I got it for like 25 bucks.
If not, I'd be hard pressed to go out of my way for one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
It really depends on where you live honestly. Im in the midwest were its 100 in the summer and bone chilling in the winter, this cover would never hold up in those elements. Storage unit is a good option but that always comes at a cost. IF you don’t have a choice but to store outside you may be better suited buying a high quality car cover, intended for outdoor storage and wrap it up tight. Or... get in good with your neighbor that has a bigger garage than what he needs lol buy them some beers as payment. Around here...works every time lol

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
If you aren't gonna use it for awhile and it is going to be outside be sure to do more than just cover it. If its straight in the elements the bike will look aged really fast almost worse than ridding.

This is what i would do:
-Wash the crap out of the bike
-Cover it in wd 40 head to toe at least a few times
-Grease all zerks
-Oil the chain
-Check for any spots that may have rust and clean them and treat them to prevent extra growing
-Find a spot to store the quad that is not in direct sun or have the possibility of having anything from nature cover it.
-Lift the quad off the ground on stands to relax the shocks
-Take the seat somewhere that is not outside
-Use a quad cover
-Cover the quad cover with a tarp
-Periodically check on the quad every few months and may spray more wd to prevent moisture and avoidable rust

·
Registered
872 Posts
Stabil would help too for stability with the fuel.

-Grease all zerks

Wouldn't you want to wait until you take it out so you have fresh grease instead of grease that has been sitting there for a long time in the weather? It's not like it's moving while it's sitting there so I thought it would be better to do it as soon as you are ready to ride again.

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
If you aren't gonna use it for awhile and it is going to be outside be sure to do more than just cover it. If its straight in the elements the bike will look aged really fast almost worse than ridding.

This is what i would do:
-Wash the crap out of the bike
-Cover it in wd 40 head to toe at least a few times
-Grease all zerks
-Oil the chain
-Check for any spots that may have rust and clean them and treat them to prevent extra growing
-Find a spot to store the quad that is not in direct sun or have the possibility of having anything from nature cover it.
-Lift the quad off the ground on stands to relax the shocks
-Take the seat somewhere that is not outside
-Use a quad cover
-Cover the quad cover with a tarp
-Periodically check on the quad every few months and may spray more wd to prevent moisture and avoidable rust
Nolifesigns excellent list!
Yamalube Stor-Rite engine fogging oil that prevents internal engine corrosion.
Watch the long term storage video!
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/atv/pages/sport-atv-owner-orientation-maintenance-videos

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I have had both the Yamaha factory cover and the universal cover. I almost feel the Yamaha cover wore out faster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts