YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evilgrin do yall think the trinity pipe will be the best pipe out for the new yz450...ive heard alot of good stuff about ttem but i dunno i was wantign some advice here..

·
Registered
126 Posts
At this point in the game I think all pipes will be about the same. I have seen the Dyno results from a GYT-R and Sparks on the same bike, and the results where identical. This leads me to believe at the level of modification out there all pipe will be about the same. Both GYT-R and Sparks are completely different in constructions, but neither are restricted. Once the YFZ has higher HP capabilities (Stroked, over bore, etc..) the pipe may play a bigger roll.

My .02

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
This is what the tech guy at Trinity Racing told me yesterday......

I was talking to the tech guy at Trinity today and he told me 3-4 weeks and it will be out and they are getting a little over 10HP out of it, and like 13 PEAK!!!!!!!!

Only other mods are no lid and the correct jets.

I was like are you $hittin me? WOW!!!

That is like 50HP or better for $450 bucks!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Aug 26 2003, 09:02 PM
This is what the tech guy at Trinity Racing told me yesterday......

I was talking to the tech guy at Trinity today and he told me 3-4 weeks and it will be out and they are getting a little over 10HP out of it, and like 13 PEAK!!!!!!!!

Only other mods are no lid and the correct jets.

that is like a 32% increase at peak, I personally don't think that is possible with just a pipe/cam mod. But that is just me. :|

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Who know's, but call and talk to them the guy I talked to was pretty smart on this stuff and he never once tried to sell me a pipe just talked about what Trinity was working on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Trinity has always been full of crap on there dyno numbers. They built a 420 stroker engine for my 250R and there dyno numbers were way off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts