YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ride Dumont @ Xmas/Xmas weekend?

What about it Pahrump?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After... like the 26th/27th.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or better yet... New Years Day.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I can be there New years eve and day for sure, not sure yet about the weekend after XMAS.

Why, you gonna be there?

What about you Marc?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Riding on New Years Eve ?? Your gonna be so drunk your gonna have to ride your quad cuz you cant walk! :lol

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Do you guys just hill shoot or do you rip the dunes up good??

Im dying for a dune fix right now, you guys ever thought about Sand Mountain, NV??

I could probably make the 600 mile trip to dumont for a few days around new years.

whats the riding like?? how is the weather right now?? warm enough for tents??

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Dec 3 2003, 07:11 PM
Do you guys just hill shoot or do you rip the dunes up good??

Im dying for a dune fix right now, you guys ever thought about Sand Mountain, NV??

I could probably make the 600 mile trip to dumont for a few days around new years.

whats the riding like?? how is the weather right now?? warm enough for tents??
Man the weather down here and at Dumont is great like 65 day and 40 night.

And we go over to the hill a little just to run it a few times and lay the smack down. But most of the time we are out there beating down the dunes. We get trains going of like 5-15 people and rip up the dunes for a while, stop drink a beer maybe, then rip it up some more, and ride back to camp for some liquid bread.

A New years trip out there would be cool.

Anyone that really wants to go and can make it be sure to let me know so we can get a little organized and try to camp close together.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'm definately going unless something crazy happens. I'll show up Wednesday late afternoon and ride Thursday. I'll leave either Thursday afternoon or Friday if I brings friends.

Let's talk/plan more in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i will be there for new years i'll prob get there on sun and stay till jan 1st ....had a great week for thanksgiving right up till sunday when i broke my ankle :O :O :bawl :bawl ......oh well had a great week any way..... i should be able to ride by new years......it was a great crash i just wish someone i know would have got to see it or have it on video!!! i crashed side hilling comp hill 5th gear pinned and hit a rut from a buggy or something.. it tossed me over the bars about 30 feet and then ran me over :O :O .....i hate it when that happens!! ......i broke my ankle bruised my ribs tweaked my wrist an have a huge bruise on my thigh......but other than that not a scratch on me....LOL!!! luckily theres not a mark on my yfz....i think my body soaked up most of the impact.....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vegasmarc: I can imagine just by reading yer story! You lucked out - good.

Get ready for NWs.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Damn Marc, sorry to hear that but hell if you are ready by New Years I sure hope to see you there.

selector, yeah we will plan more in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
OK ... Im making arrangments to be at Dumont for new years

I have a few commitments and I cannot leave until wednesday the 31st. So I will be ready to ride on thursday.

Im coming with the misses and she doesnt ride so I could really use some riding buddies

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by schwendi@Dec 4 2003, 04:09 PM
OK ... Im making arrangments to be at Dumont for new years

I have a few commitments and I cannot leave until wednesday the 31st. So I will be ready to ride on thursday.

Im coming with the misses and she doesnt ride so I could really use some riding buddies
Well... just look above your post and start counting them!

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I wanna be there...just keep this thread updated of when everyones gonna get together. I would pitch a tent but 40 saounds just a little too cold. So the truck will do. Im 18 so i gots no toy hauler, but will in the future. Is anyone stayin in tents tho...just curious.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Dec 4 2003, 07:48 PM
Is anyone stayin in tents tho...just curious.
Hell yes! 40 degrees? Kid's stuff!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
40 isnt too bad ... I'll either be in a tent or in the SUV. On the air matress though ... best 25 bucks I ever spent!!

Last Halloween I was at Sand Mountain, NV in my buddies trailer house with a broken furnace. it got down into to 12 degrees at night. There was iceicles on the inside of the trailer 8|

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
There are a few folks that are in our camp (depends on who all makes it) that camp in tents. I don't have no motel yet either, I borrowed a motor home on Thanksgiving, but may just stay in my buddies enclosed this time I dunno. Hell all I do is sleep there, and one night ain't too bad to not be able to shower.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi, I just registered and this thread caught my eye.

I'll be out at Dumont the weekend after Christmas. My gf and I just picked up our bikes on Sunday, so it will be our first outing. We'll be out there with her parents and their rail in a 36' fifth wheel. After tent camping for so many years, it will be a treat to sleep inside.

I grew up going to Glamis, so this will be my first trip to Dumont.

Hope to see some of you out there...

:sup

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
We don't know if it's going to be Dumont or Glamis Yet... Depending who's got the Best OFFER in our group :lol So far it's DUMONT for NEW YEARS with All you can eat Mexican Food :rock

Check out the -->CURRENT DUMONT WEATHER<--

1 - 20 of 33 Posts