YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my 06 YFZ450 will not idle. It will run if i slightly hold the throttle. Yet, while im holding the throttle, it runs EXTREMELY poppy. Also, the throttle is unusually stiff, meaning something is making it difficult to open the carb. And yes, when i let go of the throttle, instant death. I did mess with the fuel screw, i know...........mistake. That was the only thing i messed with on the carb. I tightened it all the way in, (Clockwise), then 2 out, (Counter Clockwise). Please help!! I know i messed up but you can only learn by doing!!

Does anyone have an idea of what is causing this????

·
Registered
614 Posts
More, try half turns. A lot of quads are different, the general setup is 2.5 turns but i just rejetted my bike and i started at 3 turns and went in and it absolutely hauls ass at 3 quarters of a turn out.

·
Registered
657 Posts
dont back out to far.. i backed mine out to 3 on the ice one day ( moose air/fuel screw ) and it ended up vibrating out entirely

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (MustHaveBeenBlue @ Feb 20 2009, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748862
dont back out to far.. i backed mine out to 3 on the ice one day ( moose air/fuel screw ) and it ended up vibrating out entirely[/b]

Yea, i went and bought the SRP extended screw today. Tried 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3. Runs the same on each setting. Its killing me because the bike was running near perfect before i messed with that screw.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Turn the idle up until it stays running on its own, then turn the screw in until it runs rough, then turn it out until it runs rough and then go back to the middle of the two spots and then go ride it and see how it does. Also check for any vacuum leaks, that could be causing the problems, crank down the boots, then spray them down with carb cleaner while it is running and if there is any variation in the rpms you know where your leak is.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Bump your main jet up a tad then play with fuel screw some more. You've done no damage at all and im willing to bet that once its jetted right you'll be glad you messed it up in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts