YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping you guys can help a fellow Yamaha Sport Quad enthusiast. I'm looking for a 2009+ Yamaha YFZ-450R/X Aluminum Frame. I'm in the process of building the ultimate recreational multipurpose Banshee and I've got a local Off-Road Chassis/Frame and Suspension Fabricator that's agreed to clean up and mod a stock Banshee Frame and convert the front end over to match the 2009 and up YFZR, clean it up and remove unneeded weight, gusset it, and powder coat it hi-gloss candy red.

He needs a YFZ-450R/X Frame on hand to take measurements and get all the specs off of so he can go off it. I don't care if the frame is cracked, bent, or broke as long as it straight enough to get the measurements off of.

I plan on buying some of the Cascade Banshee Stock Frame Mods to incorporate into the new custom hybrid frame. The Hybrid Frame I've designed on a old Auto-CAD PC Program uses stock or aftermarket YFZR A-Arms, Front Shocks, Hubs, Spindles, Tie Rods, Brakes, Steering Stem, Steering Stem Flag, and Aluminum Subframe, with stock or aftermarket Banshee Plastic, Gas Tank, Swingarm, Rear Shock, and Shock Linkage. It also has enough clearance to run a 7" 12V Thinline Radiator Fan.

PLEASE help me out if you can. This quad will be something else with the frame I designed, 10 mil Rotax Power Valve Motor, and everything else I've got go with the combination. The Hybrid Frame is last component that I need to get squared away on.

Thanks guys,

Modded OEM Banshee Long Travel YFZ-450R/X Frame -

Cascade Inovations Banshee Frame Upgrades -

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been gathering up all the parts that I need for this frame. I've got a super clean 2004 Stock Banshee Frame, Alba +2 YFZ-450R Steering Stem, Alba Anti-Vibe Billet Handlebar Clamp, LSR Adjustable Steering Stem Flag, YFZ-450X Front Shocks, Spindles, Hubs, Brakes, and a few other things.

I still need the YFZR/X Stock Frame to go off of, Cascade Banshee Frame Mods, Banshee +4 Heavy Duty XC Arched Ladder Swingarm, Aftermarket YFZ-450X XC A-Arms, and a Stock YFZ-450R/Aluminum Subframe, and a nice heavy duty lightweight UHMW Polyurethane A-Arms/Belly Skid Plate. If any of you guys have any of these items laying around and you want to get rid of them PLEASE let me know especially the YFZR Frame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was my Banshee (392cc Serval Cub Motor) before I tore it down. My current stock chassis has a set custom Metal Tech Fabrication A-Arms that convert the front suspension geometry (NOT Frame Geometry) to YFZ-450X and a Metal Tech +3 Oval Tube Roundhouse Swingarm. It rides, handles, and jumps great but it feels like a tank compared to YFZ-450R/X, and it will fatigue a rider 2X as fast as a R or X.

According to my program my total wet weight will be 17-22lbs lighter with the Hybrid Frame VS the Stock Banshee Frame.

If any of you YFZ-450R/X owners live near Lawrenceburg Kentucky and would be willing to rent me your quad (will NOT be ridden) for 5 days so my fabricator can get the specs off it I will make it well worth your time.

Or I'll buy a YFZR Frame in any reasonable condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.