YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a +2 +1 LSR Steering Stem and naturally had to extend the brake line and Clutch cable. I got an YZ clutch cable to reach the lever.
I encountered a problem with the clutch jacket not working right with the stock Clutch perch. The jacket was simply to long and i couldn’t adjust the thumb wheel at the perch far enough to compensate. I had 3 choices. Cut a piece of the slotted part in the perch off and looses the thumb adjuster. Try to cut a piece out of the jacket. Or get an aftermarket Clutch perch. I opted for the latter and ordered the Works Connection Clutch Perch.
Came home the other day and there was a little box from Works waiting for me on the perch. Oh goody.
When i opened the box a shrink-wrapped type packaging greeted me and a whole lotta stickers. (like 20 of em). i had to wrestle a little to get the shrink wrap of the package without messing up the little yellow works sticker wrapped inside and not to mess the instructions that are printed on the back up. ONce i freed the perch and lever up i could immediately tell that this was quality equipment. THe lever felt solid in the hinge (ball bearings) and the machine work on the perch was clean. the red anodizing was flawless and incidentally matched my red frame pretty good. The kit comes with a small allen wrench so you can adjust the lever position. The thumbwheel adjuster is top notch. it has two small balls inside that rest in the indents of the cable sleeve and are pushed inward by springs retained by small setscrews. The action felt very smooth. The actual clamp is lined by a sleeve that allows the perch to rotate when it hits ground and not scratch up your bars while rotating out of the way. Perfect fit there also.
Now it was time to put the clutch perch on. After glancing over the instructions on the back of the packaging i proceeded to take the stock perch off. I then wrapped the sleeve around the handlebars and mounted the perch over the sleeve. Not that the half moon is not symmetrical. there is an up and down. THe two bolts used to hold it all together also have different lengths. the long one goes to the front and the short one to the rear. Make sure you don’t tighten the bolts down to hard because that would defeat the purpose of the sleeve. i then wrestled the rubber boot over the YZ cable drum and hooked the cable to the lever. After some base line adjusting with the cable sleeve adjuster i was ready to sit on the quad and feel the action. I must say that it feels very smooth with the ball bearing and it’s very easy to adjust the cable tension with the thumbwheel. Easier then with the stocker perch.
All in all i must say that this is a very well built clutch perch but you have to be the judge if it is worth the 125 beans.

I give it thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock

·
Registered
625 Posts
sounds good, any chance of a pic?

Geoff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts