YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing the woods intake that uses the air box and ran into an issue. This kit did not come with any instructions. My problem is, when I mount the new intake to the stock box I can still see day light, it dosent seal flush aginst the intake and the plastic box. I was just wondering if any of you have had this same problem and what the fix is or if I am doing somthing wrong. I was thinking about just using some silicone to seal it up but that doesnt seem right. :wtf

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had the same thing. I just left it. The daylight is very small on mine. I run with the (EHS) lid anyway. Did you get it to not touch the frame bolt? I did, but not by much. Also, did you notch out the upper right hand side(just a little) of the box?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I guess you are right it reall doesnt matter to much. I will probably just leave mine as well. I am not sure about the notching or the bolt yet because I havent bolted everthing completly tight yet. So tomarrow I should be able to give a better ans.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey...

I just put a bead of clear silicone (GE, DAp, Etc) around it and cleared that problem up. There won't be much light after you tighten it, but I ride a lot of trails crossing creeks and such, and like to have a good seal.

Maxx

·
Registered
479 Posts
so do you guys like the kits? i'm thinking of getting one w/ the box as well :re

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Alot of people are just sealing it up with silicone like mentioned above.

I have the ESR kit that does not even have an airbox and love it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i would love to do the esr, but i need the box, think i could make it to fit?

C

·
0 Posts
i dont know if i would use silicone, well its up to you. :|

try cutting a gasket for it, i think that makes more sense.

WELL THATS MY .2 :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts