YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help my yfz ran fine yesterday changed the oil and went to start it but the solenoid clicks but wont start what to do

·
Registered
946 Posts
First ,try charging the battery, if that doesnt work, try push starting it down a big hill.

If it doesnt charge, but push-starts, I would reccomend a battery, but it is possible your starter locked up, I went throgh 4 starters on my 04' ... now i have a kickstarter. :icon_biggrin:

To check your starter, take a peice of wire and touch it to your positive post on the starter and battery, if it turns over then its your solenoid, but remember, if you have a dead battery, this part is pointless.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Jim417mx @ Feb 26 2009, 12:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751228
First ,try charging the battery, if that doesnt work, try push starting it down a big hill.

If it doesnt charge, but push-starts, I would reccomend a battery, but it is possible your starter locked up, I went throgh 4 starters on my 04' ... now i have a kickstarter. :icon_biggrin:

To check your starter, take a peice of wire and touch it to your positive post on the starter and battery, if it turns over then its your solenoid, but remember, if you have a dead battery, this part is pointless.[/b]
touched thewire from the starter to th solenoic started instantly

·
Registered
946 Posts
Get yourself a new solenoid! Or check the fuses in yours first, they have a spare one in there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pulled the solenoid and the ground bolt fell out.. that answers a lot of questions about why it sometimes statrs and sometimes doesnt.. thanks for the info..

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (Jim417mx @ Feb 26 2009, 10:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751228

To check your starter, take a peice of wire and touch it to your positive post on the starter and battery, if it turns over then its your solenoid, but remember, if you have a dead battery, this part is pointless.[/b]
sorry about such an old post but i just got my 05 450 and i left the key on onit the battery died i pushed started it and it runs but wont stay charged any help would be great thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts