YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on a 2015 YFZ450R. The wiring harness was race cut by the previous owner. During the last race it ran, the fan never kicked on. I checked all the usual things (temp sensor, fan itself, all that sort of thing) and still came up with nothing. I have a parts quad so I decided to swap the harness thinking the problem was somewhere in there since I am unsure of how it is setup. When I put the new harness on and tried to start the machine, It would not crank. I was able to jump the solenoid and get it to crank, but not via the starter button. The indicator lights work, and the check engine light is just slowly flashing. (Not displaying a code) The fuel pump is also not running when I turn the key on.

So my question is, what plugs absolutely need to be connected for the quad to fire up? I want to try and eliminate all the variables to find the problem.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Do you have a Vortex? The computer might be setup only for the race harness. Also, is your key switch OEM or did you buy one of those crappy aftermarket switches? They can cause the fan to not come on sometimes.

Not sure how your harness is setup but if it still has a fan relay I would check that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a Vortex? The computer might be setup only for the race harness. Also, is your key switch OEM or did you buy one of those crappy aftermarket switches? They can cause the fan to not come on sometimes.

Not sure how your harness is setup but if it still has a fan relay I would check that.

fan relay is good, it does have a vortex, would I maybe have to change the Map? And it is a stock key switch.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The map only changes the timing and fuel/air ratio essentially, I believe. If you want to go back to a stock harness and the Vortex is not setup for it you will need it flashed back to stock by someone with the software I believe. But that's assuming that it is setup for an aftermarket harness in a way that a stock harness won't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts