YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wires that come out of the clutch lever and the front brake lever. Is it ok for me to disconnect them at the connector near the steering, with out problems?

When i had it running i took the switch out of the clutch lever, and zip tied it to other wires. I wanted to start it in gear. The brake lever one i never did anythign with. Now i want to remove them both completely. I didn't know if i needed to splice or connect anything for proper operation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Those are part of the starting system. In stock form, the YFZ starting system must see either the clutch lever pulled in or the machine in neutral. When either condition exists, the machine will start via the electrical starting system.

Looking at the wiring diagram, I would think that shorting those (2) together would work. Why though would you want to just disconenct them if you're keeping the electric start?

Take a look @ the wiring diagram in the service manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to disconnect them because i like to be able to start it in gear with out the clutch. In case i stall it some way while racing. Thats how i had my 400ex and it was great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
How the hell are you gonna start it in gear without pulling in the clutch?

Even if it was kick start
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Originally posted by EX 80@Nov 23 2003, 09:19 PM
I want to disconnect them because i like to be able to  start it in gear with out the clutch. In case i stall it some way while racing.
:wtf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Originally posted by seatec@Nov 24 2003, 08:38 AM
maybe he wants to bump start it? :lol
I ain't push'n that damn thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Maybe he don't know what he is talking about and is trying to sound cool :zzz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
983 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Nov 24 2003, 07:54 AM
Maybe he don't know what he is talking about and is trying to sound cool :zzz
YOU THINK?!?!?!?!??! :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Pahrump@Nov 23 2003, 08:59 PM
How the hell are you gonna start it in gear without pulling in the clutch?

Even if it was kick start
I am not talking about starting it while its not moving. I am saying if i happen to stall it while i am moving. While i am still rolling i'd hit the starter buttom, and it fires right up. I know what i am talking about. I have done it a few times with my 400ex.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Originally posted by EX 80@Nov 24 2003, 11:25 AM
I am not talking about starting it while its not moving. I am saying if i happen to stall it while i am moving. While i am still rolling i'd hit the starter buttom, and it fires right up. I know what i am talking about. I have done it a few times with my 400ex.
I'll say it again...

:wtf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
983 Posts
EX80. Maybe im missing something here but why woould you not pull your clutch in while you are still moving after a stall to re-start the engine? ISnt the first reflex to pull in the clutch when you stall? I also doubt that its a good idea to restart your engine while it is engaged to the tranny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
well when u remove the wire from the clutch follow the wires to the connections, there will be 2 seperate connecters male & female, undo them them throw the switch in the trash, take the 2 connecters & simply plug them together, it will start in gear then,with the clutch pulled in or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by yogi@Nov 24 2003, 11:37 AM
well when u remove the wire from the clutch follow the wires to the connections, there will be 2 seperate connecters male & female, undo them them throw the switch in the trash, take the 2 connecters & simply plug them together, it will start in gear then,with the clutch pulled in or not.
Thank you, thats the kind of answer i was looking for. I don't make threads to "be cool". I had a simple question which i was not sure about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by DigitMXTracks@Nov 24 2003, 02:29 PM
vinny have you taken your fan off yet? and have you removed the coolant bottle under the rear plastics??
I have taken the fan off and the coolant bottle. I have taken everything off, i am in process of putting everything back on.

If you were asking if i took them off permanantly, No i have them back on now. I plan on keeping them on too. Unless there is a reason guys are taking them off, other than weight.

What have you done to yours so far, since you got it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
as far as I can tell, its there to simply light up your brakelight when ever you pull the brake lever. When you pull the brake lever, it allows the connector pin in the brake relay to extend which lights up your brake light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Originally posted by velocity111@Nov 24 2003, 11:01 PM
as far as I can tell, its there to simply light up your brakelight when ever you pull the brake lever. When you pull the brake lever, it allows the connector pin in the brake relay to extend which lights up your brake light.
ya after looking more that is what its for. i just forgot the front brakes make the light work as well.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top