YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting a new clutch perch on my YFZ and was wondering what do I do About the wires coming out of the stock one and what they do. If anyone can help asap Its greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
There is only one wire i think. EX80 was telling me i think that you just unplug is from the wiring harness.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
You just connect the two wire together and wire tie them somewhere under the plastic and forget about them. Only drawback is it will start without pulling in the clutch after you do it. No big deal though :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Those wires are the neutral safety switch wires, just snip them splice them together and your good to go. It will then start without the clutch pulled in.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by 1fastyfz450@Feb 22 2004, 05:03 PM
Those wires are the neutral safety switch wires, just snip them splice them together and your good to go. It will then start without the clutch pulled in.
Technically thats the clutch safety switch. The nuetral safety switch is on the transmission :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
you don't have to snip them. just follow them down below the front fender into the black rubber boot that houses them all. both wires are connected to bullet plugs. one male, one femail. disconnect the long pieces and connect the two bullet plugs left over and your done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts