YFZ Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So fairly straightforward issue here. Just got my first quad ever in the form of a 2004 YFZ450 that needs some tlc but runs and rides.

One major area of concern for me is that the previous owner butchered the wiring harness.

I'd like to buy a complete replacement harness that I can organize and loom to my liking, but the issue I'm having is that I cannot find a NEW wiring harness for an 04. As far as I can tell part# is 5TG-82590-00-00 for 04-05, but I can only find used harnesses of this part number.

So my question is, would a wiring harness for an 07-08 with part# 5D3-82590-00 work? And by work I mean all the connectors plugging in and everything working as it should with minimal if any modifying needed.

Im attaching some pictures of what Im working with as far as the quad goes and the part I'm looking at.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
That looks rough! Ok, the wiring isn’t interchangeable between the years you listed. Also they don’t make the part that you want anymore, so you’ll have to either buy a used one on or work with what you got. I hate how Yamaha discontinued parts like this, (it’s affected me too) but it is what it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts