YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in central wisconsin and race in the cwira series.(central wisconsin ice racing associatioin)
(cwira.com)
I am racing in class #19 on a yfz. First in points even though I have gotten seconds in all three races.

I have a rossier engineering pipe while using the stock filter(my k&n was sucking in snow dust). Last weekend it was just below zero and way to lean on the bottom. Once it got wound up when it was running just off of the main jet it was allright.

Right now I have a stock needle with a 188 main.
I purchased a yz bike needle and a 168 main. The boys from rossier suggested it. Just wondering what some of you boys up north are running for jetting.

all input will be greatly appreciated,

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by number64@Jan 24 2004, 01:48 AM
I live in central wisconsin and race in the cwira series.(central wisconsin ice racing associatioin)
(cwira.com)
I am racing in class #19 on a yfz.  First in points even though I have gotten seconds in all three races.

I have a rossier engineering pipe while using the stock filter(my k&n was sucking in snow dust).  Last weekend it was just below zero and way to lean on the bottom.  Once it got wound up when it was running just off of the main jet it was allright.

Right now I have a stock needle with a 188 main.
I purchased a yz bike needle and a 168 main.  The boys from rossier suggested it.  Just wondering what some of you boys up north are running for jetting.

all input will be greatly appreciated,
#168 main is WAY too lean with your mods

We have temp here down to -30c and here is my setting:

pilot #48 - 1½
stock needle #6
main jet # 175

stock filter-open box with a outerwear lid
baffle out
cam mod

run perfect at -20c -30c

but is a little bit on the rich side around 0c -10c

at 0c -10c it run perfect with:

needle #5
main jet#172

AND DON'T FORGET
if you running at temp below 0c you will have to insulate your 2 breathers thru the air box because they have tendency to freeze and it produce alot of water in your oil or it will block the breather causing presure in the engine and blow out the top end safety plug

and check your oil level often ... if the level is going up you better check what is going wrong

and the radiator on the YFZ is very effective but at cold temp your engine will run too cold

at -25c -30c i block ¾ of the radiator ...the engine run better an it idle perfect now

i hope it help you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im running 175 main ncvq needle(dirt bike 4th clip)45 pilot(2 turns)

Im in michigan,see you at the nationals this weekend if your going.Allbright shores MI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts