YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving in the morning for my first trip of 2010 to the Oregon Dunes. I just wanted to get some input from people on which area of the dunes they prefer riding the most. My two favorites are Winchester Bay and Spinreal and I cant decide where i should spend the majority of my time this weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from the trip. It was awesome. Went with 10 other people. Stayed at Discovery Point and rode windy bay all day Thursday and Friday then hauled the bikes down to spinreel and rode there all day Saturday. Hit the whoop trail from spinreel all the way down to Horse Fall and Box Car. Windy Bay was awesome but dropping in to all the holes at Spinreel and not knowing if you are gonna make it back out was the best part of the trip for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Sam66 @ May 2 2010, 07:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=853502
The woops at spinreel kinda turn me off, plus Ive never been much or a hill shooter![/b]
Yeah the whoops kinda suck but they were big enough i could just double them up and keep a good pace all the way through.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like Spinreel better than Win Bay. The big hills are fun for a short bit but Spinreel just has a lot more riding area. The whoops from spinreel to Hauser do suck big time though.

Glad your trip was good RockinTR.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The sand at spinreal was not as bright and it made it easier to see the drops, lips, humps and dumps. Lots of different kind of riding there...

Winchester Is a place where you really need to pay attention! You can be rolling along like everything is fine when the bottom falls right out from underneath you.

They are not that far apart so if given the chance ride them both! Worth experiencing both sides for sure....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts