YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It should work. There are some differences though. You will need to find somewhere to mount the resistor.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
If I swap out everything from front to back, can I use a 2006 wiring harness on my 2004?[/b]

I just hooked up all my electrical from my 04 to my 07 with not one problem or change.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
You can swap the whole harness for the newer year carb harness. If I remember right the only major difference is you need to add the resistor that does not exist in the 04 models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gentlemen I just read through all your threads I notice mostly about a resister they designed into the wire system fr 06 and above. Interesting cause what I'm searching for is
Does a wire Harness from an 2005 YFZ450 WORK on a 2006 Motor.???? I have 4 of these YFZ450 A 03 -04 MODEL A 04 sport model a 05 special edition and now a 06 special edition Each on of these bikes have min of 40 grand I yo them full uilt pro bikes lang travel front rear and more I have one that has 80 grand with 4 championships and 3 world records in flat track on it But here's the thing I am a master electrician by trade o re-wired my 05 to run with no battery and no lights or fan Made it a kick start and dropped 50 lbs off her She runs great I did later hook my fan back up to a power source ment for the fan and fan runs continue Now I'm attempting to wire my 06 With all the electrical off my 05 And was having concerns if it may work With a 05 harness relay and cdi box from an 05

Any way stayed tuned I'll let you know how it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts