YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, OK, I know this has been hashed out a bajillion times. But now I'm ready, and need a little positive input to push me over the edge. I have decided to go with either Sparks or HMC. One last time, I need everybody's help -in deciding which to purchase. Sound is an issue, so keep that in mind-cuz I ride in Caulifornea (my best AHNOLD!). So do both of these pipe's have the quiet core available? Gotta have the spark arrestor as well, since I ride on Forest Service land too.

I know I could call both companies, and listen to what I am sure is someone really concerned with getting my business.
But I want other 450 owners personal opinion's. So lay it on me, cuz I'll probably be placing my order tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
625 Posts
welp, Sparks does sell a disk spark arrester unit and sound killer for an extra 50 bucks but I havent tested one so I cannot tell you one way or another. HMF sells a quiet core that is supposed to be UBER quiet also GYT is supposed to have a quiet core soon too.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got off the phone with Joe at HMF. Great customer service, answered all my questions to the tee. I wanted the pipe right away and he even turned me onto somebody here in Caulifornia that is a dealer for them (X-factor) if I wanted it faster. I denied, explaining I would prefer to deal directly with them (even if I have to wait a few more days). As well as save some money by not paying sales tax. Doesn't that piss you off, getting banged for everything you buy in this jacked up state. Anyway, really looking forward to getting it- and rippin ass. Oh yeah, I spoke with a lady there earlier and she was really helpful (Barb). If their product is as good as their customer service, I'm sure I will be pleased as punch.

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts