YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked with K&N direct today, and they stated they do not make an air filter for the 450, which I cannot believe. I have seen the UM aluminum airbox which you can add some type of existing K&N filter for, but would rather not go that route.

If I want to simply add a K&N filter to the quad, what is the simplest way to do it, and who can I buy it from???? Has anyone found another K&N filter which will work as a replacement? Does anyone make a billet plate (instead of a whole airbox) which can replace the plastic cone that comes stock, to attach the filter too????

Thanks in Advance....very confussed! :what :what :what

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by velocity111@Oct 3 2003, 11:07 PM
Just talked with K&N direct today, and they stated they do not make an air filter for the 450, which I cannot believe. I have seen the UM aluminum airbox which you can add some type of existing K&N filter for, but would rather not go that route.

If I want to simply add a K&N filter to the quad, what is the simplest way to do it, and who can I buy it from???? Has anyone found another K&N filter which will work as a replacement? Does anyone make a billet plate (instead of a whole airbox) which can replace the plastic cone that comes stock, to attach the filter too????

Thanks in Advance....very confussed! :what :what :what
alba and pro design make one and they both come w/ a K&N :rock

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV

Stock Description Price
N/A Pro Flow K & N Intake System, Yamaha YFZ450 04 $152.99
N/A Pro Flow Uni Intake System, Yamaha YFZ450 04 $116.99

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ4FIFTY@Oct 4 2003, 12:14 AM
I have the alba action pro kit....very easy to install ;)
gotta take off the airbox?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ4FIFTY@Oct 4 2003, 12:33 AM
How do I attach a pic on this post
save it to ur comp or just get it from the digi if u hav it loaded on there if its gunna be small enuf where it says browse at the bottom of the page

1 - 15 of 15 Posts