YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my bars with fattys and a billet clamp, who makes these parts for a yfz?? I looked at Trail Tech's X-bars and looked pretty good - has anyone every used them or had any experience with them? Thumbs up or down? Anyone other mfg I should look at?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I was gonna buy the trail tech clamp to run my Tag T2's ... but I thought it was fugly!

I just ordered some big bar clamps from rocky mountain and a bar pad instead, it was cheaper and looks better 8)

heres a pic of the trail tech setup ... whats with no vent hose??? that cap looks terrible

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everybody - Thanks so much for your responses, they help alot! I did look at both the Tag T2's and the X5's, but you're talking some very serious money. The trail tech's together are $126. I do see your point about no hole for the breather hose, kinda lame. Unfortunately I just don't see a lot out there for the 450 as of today. I think I'm still leaning towards the trail techs, but I'm still looking, and open to other suggestions.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by velocity111@Sep 24 2003, 01:35 PM
Everybody - Thanks so much for your responses, they help alot! I did look at both the Tag T2's and the X5's, but you're talking some very serious money. The trail tech's together are $126. I do see your point about no hole for the breather hose, kinda lame. Unfortunately I just don't see a lot out there for the 450 as of today. I think I'm still leaning towards the trail techs, but I'm still looking, and open to other suggestions.

Thanks again!!!
Just get some X5's, take off the crossbar (or don't - I just like the clean look) and use your stock clamp. It's worked for me just fine.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually still have a set of the X5's which a friend loaned me to see how it would sit, and it's a definite possibility. I do like the look, but am still leaning towards the fatty style - while no one plans on rolling their ride, I like the idea of the added strength.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
tag t2's $85 + big bar clamps $35 = $120 from rocky mountain

when you buy the tag bars by themselves they come with a bar pad.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Raygun - thansk fro the post and the links. I followed many links back looking at what people said about the trail techs, and have decided to go with those.

Thansk to all who took the time to give me their advise - Much Appreciated!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts