YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering who runs a fan?The one in my YFZ never comes on.The former owner has removed stuff from wire harness.The quad is set up.for racing.Plug on the left side of radiator is hooked up along with the fan.On the right side if radiator is gone.This is looking at radiator from the front.I know a lot of guys don't run a fan.Why is this?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I run a fan because during the summer on really hot days my fan does come on

·
Registered
439 Posts
Was wondering who runs a fan?The one in my YFZ never comes on.The former owner has removed stuff from wire harness.The quad is set up.for racing.Plug on the left side of radiator is hooked up along with the fan.On the right side if radiator is gone.This is looking at radiator from the front.I know a lot of guys don't run a fan.Why is this?
The plug that is gone is only the Temp light. Most race harnesses will remove them, all of mine are set up that way. My fan is still connected and works though (but almost never comes on), yours probably is that way too.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also run mine, I ride trails with my family and some times we are really poking through technical stuff and mine will come on, these bikes aren't meant to be idled around. If you know you'll be moving at a good pace all the time you could remove it. I know a lot of duners get rid of their fans and are ok. For me though, it comes in handy

·
Registered
864 Posts
Funny it doesn't come.on till it is really hot.
you don't ride hard or long enough for it to come on. I got mine soon as I turn the key

·
Registered
579 Posts
you don't ride hard or long enough for it to come on. I got mine soon as I turn the key
I tried that but my old battery didnt like it I havnt tried it again since I got new amg battery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.