YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running 95 or higher gas in their YFZ's? I was looking into running a race gas form my local gas station. Its 110 octane and is somewhat oxigenated. Has anyone heard of that new VP MR1 gas? I heard thats sposed to run real good in thumpers. Hit me up with any comments. thanks. :)

:yfz

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have only run 94 octain and it seems to be fine, but let us know how much better the race gas is, I am sure its expensive, but all gas in NY is expensive! :rock

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I run VP c12 race gas.Its 108 octane, but i mix it with half 91. Costs me $36/5 gallons. I havent heard of that new VP gas yet. But ill check when i go to the dealer. The gas im using is running just fine tho...

·
Registered
773 Posts
:what It's your dough, but running stock compression, I wouldn't even consider race gas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Running a higher than required fuel will not give you more power, infact it may hurt your power output. Octane has nothing to do with the explosiveness of gasoline like many people think. The higher the octane # the higher the flash point. What this means is the high octane fuel is more resistant to self ignition. When you raise the compression more heat is created in the cylinder on the compression stroke this is when higher octane fuels are needed. Not only do you not need race gas in a stock motor, it's also a waste of money. I have run 91 octane gas many times in my yfz and never had any detonation problems. Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Check out the new Dirt Rider (I think maybe motocross astion) they done a complete test of race fuel verses pump and they made the same power on pump in a stock bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Oct 2 2003, 10:59 AM
I run VP c12 race gas.Its 108 octane, but i mix it with half 91. Costs me $36/5 gallons. I havent heard of that new VP gas yet. But ill check when i go to the dealer. The gas im using is running just fine tho...
I'm running the same mixture. The main reason is because i dont trust that the 91 octane is actually 91 octane. Who knows if the delivery guy pumped the correct gas in the specified tank, hell they probably have one tank for all anyway. Atleast mixing in the C12 I know its 91 or above.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Originally posted by SDYFZ+Oct 2 2003, 09:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SDYFZ @ Oct 2 2003, 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZdream450@Oct 2 2003, 10:59 AM
I'm running the same mixture. The main reason is because i dont trust that the 91 octane is actually 91 octane. Who knows if the delivery guy pumped the correct gas in the specified tank, hell they probably have one tank for all anyway. Atleast mixing in the C12 I know its 91 or above. [/b][/quote]
Ive always said that... about being all from the same tank... you just never know...

·
Registered
865 Posts
i also dont trust the pumps..i mix 110 from a local station with 93.. im sure its not helping on power, but it dosent seem to be hurting it either, so ill just keep on mixing..plus it smells better :D

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by SDYFZ+Oct 2 2003, 09:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SDYFZ @ Oct 2 2003, 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZdream450@Oct 2 2003, 10:59 AM
I'm running the same mixture. The main reason is because i dont trust that the 91 octane is actually 91 octane. Who knows if the delivery guy pumped the correct gas in the specified tank, hell they probably have one tank for all anyway. Atleast mixing in the C12 I know its 91 or above. [/b][/quote]
Well I can not speak for all gas stations but I can for the one that I usually go to here.

My wifes mustang needs super unleaded atlease 90-91 and sometimes if she forgets and puts just the middle grade in 89 octane, it will ping bad when under load.

But who is to say that the 89 is not 87 and the 91 is no really 89????

·
Registered
921 Posts
the gas is all from one tank, the regular is from the bottom the mid grade from mittle and super is at the top of the tank, i run super an had no probs yet about 20 tanks ran trough, runnin tough except antifeeze leak:( :rock :yfz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts