YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a set of 18's on the way ... did you guys go up a tooth on the countershaft sprocket???

I sure like the stock gearing on the track and the dunes (can pull my big ass up any hill in 3rd easy ;) ) But I know it will be geared lower with the 18's

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i was running stock gearing until i stopped riding because now my frame is being gussetted but yea, it pulled alot out of the corners alot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i went up one on the front, seems pretty close to stock gearing , you have to grind the case saver out just a little bit to fit the 15 on front but no big deal :yfz

·
Registered
69 Posts
i went with a 15 up front, but i didn't need to grind anything away,if it's put on properly you won't need to grind. nbut with my application i went to 18's and i have a 475 stroker motor with gobs of torque and HP. so i also had to go to a custom 36 tooth rear sprocket and it still hits the rev limiter to soon.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. Ive got the 15 tooth sitting here so I will give it a try when my beadlocks arrive

·
Registered
500 Posts
I too have 18's in the garage waiting to go on and picked up a Sidewinder 15 tooth front sprocket. I figure it will get ya back close to stock gearing, which seemed about perfect for the track....JIM

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went to 18's on the rear and I went to a 15t front and down to a 36 rear. This will give you the same exact top end speed. Patriot racing is the only outfit that I found can machine a 36 rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts