YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, after Silver Lake I thought I finally had the whoops down. I was bouncing over long sets of whoops on the YFZ no prob. The whoops their were not relaly deep, but deep enough if you f* up your gonna be hurting. A few times when I was trying I got my back end jumping side to side like a bronco. Anyways I went to a local MX track and they had 2 sets of whoops, The set up I could not just jump over em, their is probly only 6-9. It is not long either set but they are deep, how do you guys go about hitting deep whoops on a quad? I have lots of experience jumping and going big so that does not worry me but whoops I dont have much experience. Do I just nut up floor it and hold on? I want to keep my front end up after I get in I know. Any techniques I could use from any of you guys?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
NAIL IT and HOLD THE HELL ON........ and if u starts to go to one side...... turn ur wheels that way to correct it.... but do NOT lett of the throttle..... i repeat do NOT :nono .... ull lose ur speed and ull nail one of the faces of the whoops and owwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeee..... but its mainly just gettin the nut :rock

·
Registered
773 Posts
Whoops are funny... you can roll 'em real slow and be fine. A little quicker and the front comes up. A little quicker and you're coming into the faces of 'em. A little quicker and you're casing and bouncing. A little quicker and they start to smooth out. A little quicker and you don't even notice them.

I'm not real good at 'em on a quad, but I've improved a ton on the bike. The trick (for me at least) is finding the right speed on approach.

One local track has (3) sets of whoops. (2) of 'em are one after the other with only a tiny flat in between and both have just nutty bumps - big, small, weird. The third is isolated somewhere else and you can get a real good look/run at 'em. I can take them now w/o my tires landing in the valleys. They're not huge whoops, but the principle is the same.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wide AZZZZZZZZZ Open is the only way to hit em MIne never bucks around. I always lean as far back and hit em 4th 5th it doesn't matter as long as your pegged!! :zzz

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i got a question......... when u hit the very first one......... do u hit it as fast as the others or really nail it when u get in the whoops?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Sep 30 2003, 09:51 PM
i got a question......... when u hit the very first one......... do u hit it as fast as the others or really nail it when u get in the whoops?
Yea I got the same q, Do you try to jump the first one then land nose down and just start bouncing over them or what? I do not have a problem on the smaller whoops that do not really throw you in the air,I can just hit them balls out and bounce over em, but the ones that are big enough to launch you in the air how do you hit em? Just see how far you can go in the air then land and hit it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts