YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who in the northeast should I get to gusset my frame. I saw one that JRD did at Southwick last week but never got to talk to the guy.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Yeah didn't you give walsh your bike, and like 7G's? he should of done it for free I think. :|

You can gusset it yourself if you know how to weld. It's not hard. I completely rebuilt and gusseted my frame after I had a minor "misshap" :re

You can go to "Show off your quad in here" and look at the completred pictures of my bike. There are some huge ones if you click on the links provided.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Originally posted by dawzie@Oct 18 2003, 04:17 PM
Who in the northeast should I get to gusset my frame. I saw one that JRD did at Southwick last week but never got to talk to the guy.
Who's YFZ did you see gussetted in southwick? I was checking out Pat Browns, #99 on a yellow framed and white fenders from lost creek cycles. He had a nice gusset set up. I asked him who did them and i think he said JB or JD, might of been JRD like you said. He said it was a kit from them. I didn't really understand him, some of those TC pipped thumpers will make you miss part of a conversation :) . I want mine done but i am not really sure where they belong, Pat brown had them every where. I can't remember every spot he had done.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by EX 80+Oct 19 2003, 03:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EX 80 @ Oct 19 2003, 03:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dawzie@Oct 18 2003, 04:17 PM
#99 on a yellow framed and white fenders from lost creek cycles [/b][/quote]
I think that's Johnny Gallagher

·
Registered
240 Posts
PRO AM 250
Overall Number Brand License # Name City,State Moto 1 Moto 2 Moto 3 Division Consi
1 99 YAM 457818 Patrick Brown Ringoes, NJ 3 1
2 90 HON 002765 Hunter Miller Greenville, TX 2 2
3 114 LRD 002902 Nate Frees Solon, IA 1 3
4 708 WAL 373275 Harold Goodman Romulus, MI 4 5
5 32 LEG 003069 Matt White Warren, PA 8 4

:D

Thats from the southwick, national

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been a long road with Walsh. The A-arms are done. Swing arm should be done soon. He needs to find someone who can make the splined ends for the steering stem, so that will be sent to us when done. Pep shocks couldn't be made untill he knew what would work. So they came in last week. Everything else is there.

I asked about the gusset kit and Nate said they wont make anything till they "test" one out to see where the weak places are. "test", I wonder who's ?? 8)

I'm almost positive that Mike is running a YFZ at the 12 hour race.

Now that the MX season is over, we just want to get the YFZ done. We still need to do the cam, porting and piston on it. Sparks will be doing all of that.

Being we haven't had any bites on our YZF426/Houser/Axis, we decided to keep it as a pratice bike.

Yes, I beleive it was #99 I looked at, sweet quad.

At the last NEATV race at Southwick, my son ran both pro-am's and the pro race on the YZF. I think he finished 7th, 8th and 9th in the 3 different classes.
I'll keep the Cannondale and run that in the old and slow classes that I feel I can run in. (ice and flat track)

·
Registered
240 Posts
My pro peg mount in the front, Got to have it. I can't stant the way nerf bars mount to the motor mounts. Also showing gussetts near motor mount tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
well ex80 the frame looks good, but i think you put a few to many gussets in. the yamaha frame is set up in a triangulated pattern this will cause it to flex, and be strong, if you make it to rigid it wont crack for sure, but it will completely break in half. i know yamaha cant work out all the bugs, the frame needs to be gusseted ,in 3 areas the front shock mounts, the rear part of the frame under the motor & on the front behind the bumper. this is just my 2 cents!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts