YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used the yz cam? Is it worth the cash. If their are any advantages to the yz cam I am willing to buy it. Input anyone? Cam mod worked well but a little to much compression for the starter on my bike, atleast. I would like to think that the decomp feature would work better on a cam designed for that timming. I don't understand why GYT-R has not marketed the yz cam for the yfz if it works perfectly. I'll figure it out. Thanks anyone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
go to eskimo.com/~daddog.com/index.htm there is where they did a stock yfz vs cam mod it beats it by about 30 feet go to the vids under pic section. and its in there in the middle to bottom.

mike

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
some will say it is worth it some will say it is not, its upto you, the only known advantage is the decompression pin is where it is suppose to be so turning the motor over should be much easier, i ordered mine from bob, should get it in a few days

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I just did the poor mans cam mod, and the power was great, its free, and my quad has no problems starting at all. For me it was worth saving the $106 + shipping/tax. I don't believe there is any power difference, just possibly for the compression thing - which like I said, I have no difference or problms with.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts