YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all:

I just ordered a White/Red YFZ450 and understand "sometime?" in July it will be in. Has any one recieved theirs yet? Please leave a post here when you first recieved yours, where your located, and what color you purchased. It will be interesting to see where in the country they start showing up first.

Thanks to all, :D
Flynster

·
Registered
82 Posts
talked with ALBA yesterday and was told the quads are in long beach( shipping port?) should arrive anyday maybe today? he said pretty sure by the end of the week.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I just bought (put 100 bucks down) on my Blue YFZ. It suppost to be here at the end of june / begginning on July. I'll get a call on it as soon as it ships out here. My Price out the door was $7503.22

I also might be hooking up with DFR racing in Phoenix so they can install a 450 kit, and lots of internal porting and polishing, and such so they can develope a kit. That should really wake the motor up :eek:

·
Registered
215 Posts
didnt know that.....hmm...gonna have to install a new crank now. :D
What are you up to boss? :?

I need to give my local dealer a call and see when they are getting theirs in. I really wanna get down there, get pix, and get a review written up on it. :D

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Dealer told me end of June/ Early July, getting their first one and whatever color it happens to be. I really do not care as long as its a YFZ!

·
Registered
4 Posts
the dealer ship here had one last friday
i think they had it for few days before that too
i also saw an 04 warrior blaster and banshee
but no raptor....still in the crate i guess

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a deposit on a White and red on on June 10. I talked to my dealer on Thursday and they said by the end of June (this week im hoping) it will be here. My out the door cost was $7302.16. Not too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I called around So Cal.....

Moto World of El Cajon ....8100.00 out the door
I called Some other places, and the cheapest I got was 7900.00 ruffly. I can't remember, but Motoworld is my local San Diego Dealer ship and that's why I remembered it.....

I paid 7500.00 for mine at Cochise Motorsports in Sierra Vista AZ. Best deal I could find in the South West :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
mine should hopefully be in this week. i hope beacause i go for a week long quad trip first week of july

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my YFZ450 tonight!!!

I picked up my wife's White/Red YFZ tonight. I knew from the specs on the quad, it was going to be decent, but after riding it, it definatly exceeded my expectations. First and foremost, I was especially impressed with how smooth the transmission shifted. Absolutley increadable!!! :D I pulled the air box lid after my initial ride and did notice the bike was slightly louder with the lid off but did make a little more power from 1/4 throttle to WFO. I didn't have time to post any pics but I will have some pics posted this weekend.

I bought the YFZ quad for my wife. Boy...I will tell you though, I may seriously consider selling my Arens framed, PEP ZPS suspended,ESR 265 powervalved R for a YFZ 450. Obviously, I need more time to completely evaluate the YFZ. I guess I like the idea of just premium gas, no top end rebuilds 3 times a year and the same power to weight ratio as my pimped ESR 265 R. I plan on taking the YFZ450 for a long trail ride this Sunday June 29th. I will keep you posted, I can't say where I bought it because I have a couple of friends that work there, but I picked it up for $6874.82 out the door Tax & Title included.[/SIZE]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YFZ ride review

I can't believe it's stock!!! FINALLY.../Someone (Yamaha) has come out with a worthy race quad. Anyway, I rode my wifes YFZ 450 approx 52 mile of trail riding this past Sunday. I can't believe the engineering that went into this project. Absolutley Amazing!!! The 5 speed gear box provides smooth and absolutley flawless shifting. The erganomics of the bike superceed the TRX250 ( in my opinion). And the(USABLE) power is like no quad I have ever ridden, including my pimped 88 ESR powervalved 265r. The YFZ450 quad will change the pro level sport quad racing industry.

Shortly after recieving mine I decieted to make a few modifications.

1. I removed the air box lid
2. I raised the needle (or Dropped the clip 1 position) to compensate for more air flow.
3. I flipped my front rims (temporararly til I can swing +2 A-Arms or somebody makes them).

Aside from that, everything else is stock.

I dragged a buddies 500 piped Zilla and pulled him1 bike length every gear. He did have overall top speed flat out on me for sure though, by maybe 8-10 mph. With the air box lid off and no jetting change his Zilla 500 just beat me by maybe 1 bike length.

I raced another friend both cross country (trail), and dragged on a dirt road with his Raptor and beat him every time, until he claimed his Raptor was gone...He is getting a YFZ!!!

Aside for the location of the Rear master resivor, I am very impressed with the YFZ. I plan on selling my Arens framed PEP ZPS suspended ESR 265r power valved R so I can keep up with my wife. While a 15K R might out handle this quad, the power of any R...Power valve or not, is OLD SCHOOL compared to the power of thie YFZ450!!!

I never thought I would switch from an R to a 4 stroke ! ! !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts