YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the plastic on the fender, and below the seat have scratched and stained brown from my leg rubbing them. is there anything that will restore that new look to my white quad??

·
Registered
836 Posts
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner # 08984. Seems to work pretty good, just don't rub real hard-just wipe gently. Sounds nasty ,huh? :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will this cleaner take off my yfz450 decal if i get it on it?
sound like powerful stuff

·
Registered
836 Posts
Use it on the plastic, you would probably have to saturate the decal to get it off with this stuff. I dampen a soft rag (t-shirt) and then swipe the plastic lightly. I ride up, and the tank gets scuffed on both sides. When I get home, I wash it good and give the scuffs a quick swipe with this stuff and voila - looks new.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i got this from pappy on exriders(im a user there also). i asked him how he keeps the stains out and you use brake cleaner and rub in gently to mederate and the stains will come out. spray soaking amount on rag and rub in. works great for me. :woo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Get orange clean or some ki8nd of degreaser and spray on it then take a cloth and put a little elbo grease in it --it will look brand new....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wv yfz 450,
ive used kaboom, orange cleaner, and simple green. neither of these products worked on WHITE plastic for me.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Maguires plastic polish and scratch remover. These two products are used for clear plastic converitble rear windshields on autos..

I not certain about the spelling of Maguires.. but check out an automotive store for the products.

They have worked on my white YFZ along with some elbow grease and have not affected the stock decals.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fast1, im familiar with maguires products. in fact i just waxed my avalanche with it 2 weeks ago.
does the plastic polish bring back any of the original shine on the plastic?
remeber how bad ass the quad looked when you brought it home? whit with a red frame is a k/a color scheme!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I've had very good luck with their products (Maguires). They make 3 different products for plastics,, polish,,scratch remover and cleaner... they all work fantastic and for me they made it look like the first day I brought it home. It will take some elbow grease if the dirt is scuffed in the plastic from your boots however.. but end results are good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If your heels rub on the plastic and scuff it like mine do. Take some 180 grade sand paper and lightly rub it on the scuffs(make sure you clean the area first) then use some of that maguire polish or whatever and you cant see them when you stand away from the quad only when your really up close. You will NEVER get the quad to look like it did the day you brought it home, its just not gonna happen. :cry

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I was just taking off that sticker about the 91 octane gas and it stained my yfz like crazy. tried everything but it just smeared and didnt come off. Then i looked under the sik and found "Soft Surub with bleach" came off so easy. Just pt some on and wiped with a towel. Even make the white plasic even whiter. The stuff is green. Probably could find it where u buy bathroom cleaning products. And it wont scratch the plastic either. I just am waiting for my mom to yel at me tho the next time shes gonna clea th bathroom :uhoh

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i havent had time to pick up the maguires yet, but i tried wesley's white wall tire bleach. only because i already had some in the garage. it works well. i will try all of your suggestions in the future and give my feedback. thanks for all your help!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If i change to blue plastic it will slow my quad down! Dont you know, the white and red one's are faster!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by jbplays@Sep 17 2003, 04:04 PM
If i change to blue plastic it will slow my quad down! Dont you know, the white and red one's are faster!
:nono You don't pay enough attention :lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts