YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was in my yfz today and every time I stoped with my clutch engeged while in 1st gear I heard a whistling sound (best way to describe it), the thing is that if I started to let my clutch go the sound faded away. Im thinking it has to do with my clutch but im not sure. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Most likely the normal yfz whistle, don't know what it is exactly but it's normal.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i believe it is your valves whistling. Nothing to do with your clutch. Its louder of you have you airbox lid off so thats what im thinkin it is. I think its cool lol like a rocket taking off

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea, with my K&N it is too, i like it lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
na man I know how intake systems sound and thats not it (besides I have stock filter jejej), the sound is kind of a whistling (like a little mice jejejeje dont know how to describe it). It happens after a couple of minutes riding so im thinking its when my clutch starts to get hot. I can hear it when im stoped in 1st gear, but once i start to let go of the cluch it starts to fade out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jejejeje I try to think it is

·
Registered
162 Posts
i know it might sound obvious, but have you checked your clutch lever freeplay? it might be a little loose and your clutch isnt disengaging completely. jsut my 2 cents. hope it helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone has mice in there engine jejejje, really anyone with something similar happend to them????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess it sounds like when you have worn out brake pads, something like that but from my engine. Need some help just bought the yfz and love it, I would hate to have to rebuild it so soon (its an 07). And yes I did play with the clutch about a week ago so will be checking that out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone????? Yfz runs perfect, really strong, and starts-up right away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone??

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i would say it is the intake thing. do you have a pipe? i cant hear anything on mine!

·
Registered
95 Posts
another one for the intake. mine makes a whistling sound on takeoff. i always figured it was something to do with the carb...a vent or something maybe. it also does this under a heavy load. every yfz i've ever heard does the same thing. maybe with an aftermarket intake it's more noticable because of the extra airflow. (mine's still stock, so idk) just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If it is a whistling sound then it is normal, if it is a screetching metal on metal sound then something is wrong. I would guess it is the normal whistling sound that they all make.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Main bearing going out. Main bearings(crank) will make a faint whistling noise when new, and a faint whistling noise when they're about to come apart.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
damn that sucks if its that, is it normal for the sound to go away once I start to let the clutch go and it starts to move foward

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (scroll24_7 @ Mar 2 2009, 06:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752778
na man I know how intake systems sound and thats not it (besides I have stock filter jejej), the sound is kind of a whistling (like a little mice jejejeje dont know how to describe it). It happens after a couple of minutes riding so im thinking its when my clutch starts to get hot. I can hear it when im stoped in 1st gear, but once i start to let go of the cluch it starts to fade out.[/b]
its you valves whitsling! Every machine with a high performance 4-stroke engine that i have heard has been the same thing, My frends CRF250F bike, all 3 of the YFZ's that i ride with all do it, my freds new YZ250F does it. Its nothing internaly i guarantee that. Its been doin it from day one, nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
614 Posts
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Mar 2 2009, 08:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753093
its you valves whitsling! Every machine with a high performance 4-stroke engine that i have heard has been the same thing, My frends CRF250F bike, all 3 of the YFZ's that i ride with all do it, my freds new YZ250F does it. Its nothing internaly i guarantee that. Its been doin it from day one, nothing to worry about![/b]
It's a bearing going out somewhere. May not be crank bearings but somewhere you will have bearing failure soon. Trust me, I've been rebuild motors since I was 9.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts