YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a yfz and now im putting everything on it and was wondering what is the best pipe to go with? My bike is set up for harescrambles?
thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by Dill@Sep 23 2003, 01:17 PM
does TC offer an uhh...ear drum happy version?
yeah because a guy who rides a POOlanda with a drag pipe on it is worried aboot his hearing................... llllskdfasdfjklasdjflkjas;dlfkjasd f;lkhasdf;ljkasdf whew had to get that out. Anywhos, Pete why you worried aboot it? ESR will have his done in a few more weeks. I am getting one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'll go for the Yoshimura full pipe, great overall power, great looks, perfect finished. A little bit high priced but worth ! It is yet my 5th Yoshi pipe without problems, not too loud like HMF and I have also the TEC kit for lower db level.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
So what kinda pipe is that yoshi? More low end or high end? U think its the best overall out there? After seeing that TC i thought twce about the yoshi, But i know if i had that pipe i woldnt be able to ride at pismo beach b/c of how loud it is. Now if those discs dont really take away from its perormance then... :lol :lol :lol But for now its between the yoshi and the TC, and possbly the sparks...just dont know whic one tho...

·
Registered
319 Posts
The tc isnt much quieter at all, Tom Himself said the discs dont do anything to m ake it quieter, I bought the sparks becuase of the noise level of the tc, and the fact that a 530 dollar pipe that i cant run a gncc with would suck. I do still think tom is the best engine builder on the planet tho!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat+Sep 23 2003, 06:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (edgerat @ Sep 23 2003, 06:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Dill@Sep 23 2003, 01:17 PM
does TC offer an uhh...ear drum happy version?
yeah because a guy who rides a POOlanda with a drag pipe on it is worried aboot his hearing................... llllskdfasdfjklasdjflkjas;dlfkjasd f;lkhasdf;ljkasdf whew had to get that out. Anywhos, Pete why you worried aboot it? ESR will have his done in a few more weeks. I am getting one. [/b][/quote]

because riding that thing is bad enough, when I go trail riding or messing around the last thing I want to have is a loud ass bike!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just put on a Yoshi full exhaust with header....wow!!!! Night and day difference.....I've called and checked almost every pipe mfg and they all say they have the same hp gain???? I guess it comes down to preference, price and sound.

The only thing that sucks is that since I'm in So. Cal they have a 96 db restriction so I have to buy a tech insert for the yoshi.....I call Yoshi tech support yesterday to find out about the hp decrease when using the insert and they claim they don't know. If anyone know or has done a dyno I would be interested to see it. Thanks all

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
OK I have a question, for all you that have pipes and are stating the great power gains.

I (well my wife) let myself spend X amount of dollars on my quads each month, so I am not sure if the $500 bucks for a pipe would REALLY make that much of a difference over my stock pipe with the baffle out (besides weight savings).

Now don't get me wrong I am going to get a pipe I just want to do the best things per dollar to get the most out of her cause from here on out I will be at Dumont alot and would like to gain something each and every month.

This month for sure I am buying the Alba Pro-Flow like filter kit $100 bucks. But not sure what else.

So to make a long story short besides being Joe Cool with X pipe is it really a big performance gain over the stocker with the baffle out?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ-suprfly@Oct 2 2003, 12:50 AM
short answer to your short story= DEFINATLY!

oh and where you getting that filter kit?
From Alba; the pro-flow is like $150bucks Alba has theis and it looks great my buddy has one, it is a K&N, Billit plate and an outerwear for $100 bucks. Check it on the website.

Lata Scott

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
It depends upon the bike, but I will probably go 1 bigger on my main just for good measure. These quads love the fuel and to much is better than not enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts