YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am going to be getting an 08 yfz this summer , I currently own a mx'd out 04 but it just isnt doing it for me anymore.... I was wondering what parts I can keep from my 04 and put on my 08 .. I know for a fact that some parts are different but just wanted a list of what IS for sure interchangeable..... I did search and didnt find anything useful. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
everything will fit, the only thing i can think of that wouldnt, is the rear shock, but it will work fine if you use the linkage off the 04 too, everything else will bolt right up unless im missing something...

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a few wthings that I was questionable on... like when you order ASV's there are the 04/05 then the 06+ models, why the difference? And when we tried to switch my spare 04 axle into my buddys 06, the sprocket hub or brake hub (i forget) didnt fit...

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
QUOTE (Jim417mx @ Feb 23 2009, 12:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749891
Theres a few wthings that I was questionable on... like when you order ASV's there are the 04/05 then the 06+ models, why the difference? And when we tried to switch my spare 04 axle into my buddys 06, the sprocket hub or brake hub (i forget) didnt fit...[/b]
The 06- up master cyl. was a little different, so the lever changed.
In the rear, the rotor and brake hub are a little different. The axles are the same.

Looking at the parts in your sig. (and assuming your gusseted frame is in good shape) I would take the front spindle assy's (including brakes), swing arm assy (carrier, sprocket, brake and hubs) motor, master cyl. and plastic from the '08 and slide it into your race YFZ.
If you want to retain the electric start, then include your wire harness.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
sorry, i was assuming you meant switching bolt on parts from the mx 04 to the 08, like a arms, nerfs, bars, etc etc.

there are a lot of subtle differences between the years, mainly between 05 and 06, the swingarms and rear shock changed, the break system changed, the tie rods are different, the 06 got a new wire harness component, the 04-05 doesnt have a place on the front to mount that component. the cc's and compression changed a little. seats are softer,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts