YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if you guys could shed some light on which paddle tires are best for running in deep sand. Glamis is where I almost execlusively go and I've only seen my buddies sand skate II's on his raptor. Which do you prefer? I will be duning and not hill shooting. But I like the kind of hookup that the dog rider video shows where that yfz is able to wheelie around with just a twist of the wrist. Your comments? also. what sizes are better? 20" tall. 21" or 22" ???

·
Registered
773 Posts
21*12*8 8-paddle on Douglas .125

·
Registered
376 Posts
In the past I have had trouble with breaking and bending .125 Douglas wheels in the sand. I ride at the Little Sahara dunes and jump pretty often. I went with .160's the last time and they worked better. They are a little heavier, but not too much. I also ran 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers. You might not have any trouble bending a .125 rim with that extra sidewall if you choose an 8 inch rim. I usually like to jump from 15-20ft high though. Here is a pic of me on dirt. I like to go a little bigger at the dunes because it's a bit softer landing. Just my 02.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts