YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright which do you think could win in a drag race about 600 ft. A 2001 DS with 22 inch razr tires, full big gun exhaust. OR.. a YFZ with a full hmf exhaust with no lid. Also the race would take place on hard packed dirt....who do you think??

·
Registered
114 Posts
DS i would assume, YFZ is just quicker, top end i think DS will take the YFZ because i know top end a raptor does. and at 600 feet a quad should be full speed by a long shot, now if you were going 300 or less feet i would go YFZ all the way.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I will take the YFZ450 on this one. The faster rev, the harder mid-hit...the key is in the launch.

I have raced a ds650...special edition...had the skid plates and factory hand guards. We raced on a 300' straight and also on about 1000' of sandy straights and 25% whoops (2' footers...easy for the YFZ to fly through!)...it was not close by any means.

I have been riding atvs since 1975-76 (atc90) when I was 8. I am not the best or even one of the best, but, I do know how to drag race and how to hang on for one lap! :lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
i was hoping i wouldnt see these "vs" topics on this forum, but i guess its inevitable.

you know what, no matter what....given that the bikes are on a similar level...its all about the rider. i dont care what anyone says.

i have a "quicker" bike than most poeple out there, but i cant ride for w00ter, which is the reason i lose drag races...for now :evilgrin

·
Registered
149 Posts
in 600 ft..i would say its all in the rider and the GEARING..change the sprocket for top end on the yfz an it'll rip

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why does this matter to anyone?????

·
Registered
202 Posts
Only one way to find out. Do it. Report back. :sucks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I own both ill post pics and I have to say that the ds is the almighty drag bike. lets face it,,, you cant beat torq from a 650 power mill. but put them on the track and its all over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
MY buddy has stock 03 DS baja that would consistantly beat my 01 raptor even with 2 less teeth on rear sprocket. It wasn't a bad beating but definately felt in the braggin department. when my yfz was new, stock for stock it would walk that ds through the gears. the yfz launches so beautifully, it jumps out in front and stays there. once you get into 5th, end the race cause that ds will run over ya on the way by!!! not sure on this on but they power gains from piping both should favor the yfz. we raced on gravel, hard dirt, soft dirt, and pavement. the yfz is king of quik, but that DS is a big torque monster with long legs.
rider weights and drag racing skill are the same

G

·
Do IT and report back but i would say the yfz would take it untill about 500 feet thr the top end on the ds would most likely be higher 22 inchers

·
Registered
921 Posts
I raced a ds650 when my yfz was new about 300 feet an i beat him by about 5 bike legths, his had filter pipe ext, ds suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :yfz

·
Registered
556 Posts
heh... who cares, a DS650 could beat me all day, but I still wouldn't ride the hideous thing...

as ugly as it is, it should be fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts