YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which exhausts work with the GYTR kickstart kit? I know only of the Sparks not working for sure...any others that do or don't? For instance, DMC, etc, etc....thanks, JIM

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
i am 99.9% sure the newest sparks exhaust will clear the kickers....

the first ones that were out i know would not... last week when i got a new shipment of sparks exhausts in i compared it to a yfz thats at the shop with the older sparks on it.... the newest ones in appear to sit about 1/4 of an inch closer to the motor where the kicker would be... which should give enough room for the kicker to clear.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
The Jardine which pretty much won the exhaust shoot out for the YZ 450 in dirt bike rider. Daddog just got one. Also the GYT-R stuff works which you allready know.

BTW.. I really like your photo.. what moutain range is that in the background? can you ride in the mountians up there during the summer?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by woodwardspecialties@Jan 22 2004, 08:17 PM
i am 99.9% sure the newest sparks exhaust will clear the kickers....

the first ones that were out i know would not... last week when i got a new shipment of sparks exhausts in i compared it to a yfz thats at the shop with the older sparks on it.... the newest ones in appear to sit about 1/4 of an inch closer to the motor where the kicker would be... which should give enough room for the kicker to clear.
I appreciate the reply...BUT...lol...I have one of the old Sparks...wanna take a like new trade in....hahahaha..... :bawl

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by FAST1@Jan 22 2004, 09:19 PM
The Jardine which pretty much won the exhaust shoot out for the YZ 450 in dirt bike rider. Daddog just got one. Also the GYT-R stuff works which you allready know.

BTW.. I really like your photo.. what moutain range is that in the background? can you ride in the mountians up there during the summer?
Chugach Range I believe....there are some hill climbs to be had for sure around the state...not sure which mountains, etc....thanks for the info.......JIM

·
Registered
634 Posts
the best pipe we have found is the JARDINE pipe, it weighs 5.5 pounds, that is lighter than the GYTR titanium! and it puts out more power and it has EXCEPTIONAL clearance of 4 inches! and it also has something no other pipe has!

in has a small insert that fits inside the pipe with ONE SCREW that drops your DB to around 92!

that is the loudest pipe with the most power we ever ran, and as soon as Whitedog blows up his GYTR carbon fiber we will be buying another Jardine pipe

exceptinal pipe

the YOSHI weighs 10.5 pounds the GYTR carbon fiber weighs 7 pounds and the JARDINE weighs 5.5 pounds and the Jardine only costs 450 bucks or so
very nice!
it has excellent top end from 6000 to 1000 and will put yo over 50 hp.

it won the pipe shootout for the best pips for the YZ450 dirtbike.

here is how perfectly it fits our kickstarter!

www.eskimo.com/~daddog/pictures/kickstart/

·
Registered
27 Posts
alaska, ii have the gytr carbon-fiber and it clears the kicker by two inches and is alot cheaper than jardine, but i agree i would think the jardine is abetter pipe, they make some awesome streetbike pipes i know

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Alaska YFZ

If your interested in a carbon GYT-R with GYT-R header I'll sell you mine for $325 or $340(including Fed Ex shipping to Alaska). This would include new replacement packing for the exhaust also.

The earliest I could ship would be the week of Feb 2 since I would have to remove it and my bike is sitting in Phoeniz right now.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by FAST1@Jan 23 2004, 10:14 AM
Alaska YFZ

If your interested in a carbon GYT-R with GYT-R header I'll sell you mine for $325 or $340(including Fed Ex shipping to Alaska). This would include new replacement packing for the exhaust also.

The earliest I could ship would be the week of Feb 2 since I would have to remove it and my bike is sitting in Phoeniz right now.
I appreciate the offer.....I'll have to think it over for sure. Any pics? What kind of time is on it/condition? Thanks, JIM

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I've got roughly 20 or so hours on the Carbon can and 40 or so on the header. Yamaha replaced the first cabon can due to flaws.

Condition wise it is like new, since I will be replacing the packing and rubber clamp straps before selling it to ensure that the buyer received a "like new" product. The actual carbon is fine. I can take full pictures of it prior to sale if required.

The only negative with the carbon is that you have to change the packing every 25 hours or so. With the other material (aluminum) it isn't as critical.

I am selling it because the Jardine wasn't out when I purchased my first exhaust and that is the one I want.

If you not interested,, no problem,, I planned on putting it on EBAY anyway.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i just got my hmf shorty and i have the kicker to and it clears. the pipe is loud but i got the silent core and it sounds pretty nice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does any one have any pics of the Jardine pipe, or some info to get to a website? Any info will be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by RPyfz450@Jan 26 2004, 06:00 AM
Why is repacking the muffler more cirical with a fiber can?
Once the packing wears out.. the heat from the engine exhaust starts to heat up the metal band clamps and then the rubber dampeners start to deteriorate.. I believe this is due to the carbon dissipating the heat faster but the steel band clamps retain it. If left unattended the band clamp rubber dampeners will deteriorate and the steel clamp will then rub on the carbon fiber without that rubber gasket as a barrier.

With the aluminum can, there does not seem to be the same problem with heat dissipation and rubber dampener deterioration when the packing starts to wear out, at least not what I've seen on friends GYT-R exhausts.

I have new packing for mine and Yamaha customer service is sending me new rubber dampeners. I have watched my replacement GYT-R carbon very closely so as to not ruin it. I also have the quiet core and spark arrrestor that have not been used yet.

Overall performance is significant from stock and the Dirt Riders exhaust review reflects the performance benefits over other exhausts also.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The JARDINE and it only weighs 5 pounds and it is 450 dolllars for full system and it has a spark arrestor and baffle, it has the farthest clearance of any pipe I saw.

then the GYTR pipes all clear.

and the TZ pipes clear.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by daddogrider@Jan 27 2004, 05:08 AM
and the TZ pipes clear.
tell me u meant TC?....... i am going w/ the TC and will probably get the kicker so i want it to clear *crosses fingers*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts