YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 16 years old and have a blaster and going to sell it in a month or two, reason y is cause i dont fit on it no more m 5'9. Im debating on whick bike to get a z400 or yfz 450. I rode my friends dad z400 and it is really hopped up and i that like a pisser. i ride mostly trails and Im going to start going to my local mx track some, but i mostly like to trail race. Reverse would be nice to have but my bike now dont have reverse so i can deal with it. any body rode both these bikes or have them both and tell me what u like and dont like about them, and what one would be great for me in your opinion.
thanks for ur help :lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
I have a Z-400 w/ lots of mods and rode a YFZ 450 and ill tell u right now.. dnt even hesitate on which one to get..... definitely get the YFZ 450..... and theres no need for explanation.... its better.... PERIOD.. lol..... thats just my thought on it but get sum other peoples opinions before u decide..... and ride each if u can

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Jul 28 2003, 09:46 PM
I have a Z-400 w/ lots of mods and rode a YFZ 450 and ill tell u right now.. dnt even hesitate on which one to get..... definitely get the YFZ 450..... and theres no need for explanation.... its better.... PERIOD.. lol..... thats just my thought on it but get sum other peoples opinions before u decide..... and ride each if u can
That is about the most un-biased report you can get on which bike to get.

If you have the money get the YFZ "Fo' Sho". It will be the best money ever spent. Just ride a YFZ once and you will not be able to ride anything else. Ever since I have gotten mine 2 of my friends with quads want one. A kid that had a decent Blaster sold it a week after riding my YFZ, a friend with a Raptor that is piped rode the YFZ last night and his Raptor is now up for sale for a YFZ. Tomarrow I am trading in the Raptor and getting a second YFZ. It is that GOOD! No doubt it is an unbelivable machine! Definelty worth the money and I would pick the YFZ over a Z if I had the extra cash.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ+Jul 29 2003, 03:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ @ Jul 29 2003, 03:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZ_53@Jul 28 2003, 09:46 PM
That is about the most un-biased report you can get on which bike to get. [/b][/quote]
is that a good thing? lol

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
lol yea it is a good thing because most people say o get the YFZ blah blah blah because they bought one or buy a Z 400 blah blah blah because they bought one of those. You said that you have a Z but he should get a YFZ. It is better IMO when people reccamend other quads than they own then saying o get the YFZ/Z because that is what I own.

·
Registered
634 Posts
We have both z400 and YFZ two of each.
I think they are good for different things. You can always get both, then you wouldn't have to worry and try them both out then sell the one you don't like or whatever.

If you ride standing up and are aggressive you'll love the YFZ.
if you sit back and cruise trails and get stuck more than once a day you will not like the YFZ450.

Only you will know if you like it or not. Get one and drive it for a month and if you dont like it, then sell it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have a KFX 400 and a YFZ. The YFZ is definitely a little better bike, however I think for the money the KFX is an excellent bike. It would do just fine in the woods and yes, reverse is nice. If you are a motocrosser, I wouldn't waste my time and just buy the YFZ. My .02 cents

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I were Zeater, I would decide if I were going to trail ride or mx the most. After riding a YFZ, I would buy it for racing mx, no dought! I like the Z better for the trails. The YFZ did not have enough low end grunt for me in the woods and I like the reverse. My 02 :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts