YFZ Central banner

Which Battery?

7K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  bhsballer76 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am in need to get a new battery and was wondering which one to get---cbr 600 or yamaha r1 battery...or should I stick with the stocker? Thanks

#5 ·
You should probably start referring to the battery #... rather than the application... as the CBR600 depending on the year, uses a few different batteries.

I am assuming your referring to the common upgrade to the YTZ10S battery (it is slightly larger and requires you to trim some of the battery box out to make room)

We have the Yuasa stock replacment battery, as well as the Yuasa YTZ10S in stock... Yuasa is a pricey battery, but it is a high quality battery... they actually make many of the OEM batteries for the manufacturers.

#9 ·
QUOTE (knaffie @ Feb 26 2009, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751460
Stock battery barely has enough power to turn the engine over. Very frustrating when you're trying to get restarted during a race and the starter keeps stopping.[/b]
Ahh, didn't know that. The battery was dead when I bought my YFZ, so I just went ahead and upgraded it. That would be pretty w00tery though.

#10 ·
i am changing the battery because i have a buzzzing noise when I hit the starter button...I charge the battery but if I hold my hand on the button and let it buzz the battery dies in less than 30 seconds....so I take it ...its my battery cant hold a charge no more....i will see what the new battery will do..plus my quad is an 04 and I never changed the battery..lol...

#11 ·
Just so you know, Interstate batteries are the same as Yuasa and will cost you half of the price of a Yuasa. Even all the paper work inside the box says Yuasa. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago. I dont remember the model right now, but I still have the box in the garage and will post a pic maybe tomorrow. I just had to trim a little the battery box like mentioned above.

#13 ·
QUOTE (95lsteg @ Feb 27 2009, 06:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751892
Just so you know, Interstate batteries are the same as Yuasa and will cost you half of the price of a Yuasa. Even all the paper work inside the box says Yuasa. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago. I dont remember the model right now, but I still have the box in the garage and will post a pic maybe tomorrow. I just had to trim a little the battery box like mentioned above.[/b]

My dealer sells the Yuasa for $110. Interstate wanted $160 when I called them last year.

#19 ·
Get a Deka Glass Mat. No acid and nearly 4 times the cranking amps of stock, lifetime guarantee and it will never dead cell during a race or lose voltage from being jar'd around. By far the best battery I've ever saw in my life and at 70$ they are well worth it.

#20 ·
QUOTE (Unlukky @ Mar 4 2009, 04:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753830
Get a Deka Glass Mat. No acid and nearly 4 times the cranking amps of stock, lifetime guarantee and it will never dead cell during a race or lose voltage from being jar'd around. By far the best battery I've ever saw in my life and at 70$ they are well worth it.[/b]

4 times the cranking amps, huh? So a little quad battery is as powerful as a car battery? And this technology for half the price of the Yuasa battery? I'm going to have to check into this............

#22 ·
QUOTE (Unlukky @ Mar 4 2009, 05:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753830
Get a Deka Glass Mat. No acid and nearly 4 times the cranking amps of stock, lifetime guarantee and it will never dead cell during a race or lose voltage from being jar'd around. By far the best battery I've ever saw in my life and at 70$ they are well worth it.[/b]
so where do i pick this thing up?? any kind of model number or anything like that?

#23 ·
Where can we pick this up?

#24 ·
I ordered mine from a buddy who used to own his own cycle shop. He still has connections, retail was something like 70$ or 80$ and I paid 48$ for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.