YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to set my yfz for mx but don't know what a-arms to get? i seen so many out there for the yfz but don't know which to get? i want a +2 set-up. i was thinking either laeger or lonestar or roll design but everytime i look either on the internet or magazine their is a new company that has a-arms for the yfz? help me out guys? thanks

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by tmm403@Dec 13 2003, 05:39 AM
i want to set my yfz for mx but don't know what a-arms to get? i seen so many out there for the yfz but don't know which to get? i want a +2 set-up. i was thinking either laeger or lonestar or roll design but everytime i look either on the internet or magazine their is a new company that has a-arms for the yfz? help me out guys? thanks
well, im going w/ LSR as many others have and have yet to see any fail........ but laeger and RD are great products, but if youre willing to spend the money on RD, then go w/ Walsh..... RD is overpriced IMO........ walsh is probly better and cost like 200 less

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm partial to Laegers stuff, I have had good results with his stuff over the years.

On his standard travel a-arms he uses real ball joints, not VW tie rod ends.
The Protrax front end is like the 250 R, the king everybody is trying to match.

Walsh and Roll are good I'm sure, but big $$$$$.

Houser has a good reputation, but I got burned by their customer service once, and I am done with them.

Lonestar has kind of a 50-50 reputation, there are a lot of horror stories about bad products and poor customer service, but they also have a lot of satisfied customers too. I have never had any of there stuff.

There are a lot of companies, like JB and JRD and Burgards, and so on that are probably good, but I don't have any experience with them. They have cheaper stuff, which I like, but my $ would go to Laegers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We just got the Walsh. They are +2 1/2. You need LT shocks for them and 4/1 rims. He also uses heim joints, no binding and x-tra strong. His arms are also camber & caster adjustable. They are also adjustable forward 1 1/4 and no need to trim the radiator air scoops, they clear them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by dawzie@Dec 14 2003, 02:11 AM
We just got the Walsh. They are +2 1/2. You need LT shocks for them and 4/1 rims. He also uses heim joints, no binding and x-tra strong. His arms are also camber & caster adjustable. They are also adjustable forward 1 1/4 and no need to trim the radiator air scoops, they clear them.
Here are some pics of dawzies yfz :rock ....his front end looks like a leager protrax front end to me

·
Registered
625 Posts
the walsh looks good as usual but I am worried about that upper ball joint filling up with mud and sand and other things and they will stop working when that happens. That is the reason the Laeger is the king of MX front-ends or any front-end for that matter. No matter what you put a Pro-Trax front-end through it will come out on the other end working just as good as when you put it together. I wouldnt pay 3k for the Roll front-end with the Elkas and I wouldnt pay 1k for the Walsh for just the arms and tie-rods. I would however pay 2200 dollars for the Laeger front-end because I know it will last and I will get my money out of it without having to replace ball joints or run funky covers so i dont have to replace ball joints.
Isaac

·
Registered
631 Posts
i agree i always use leagers. proved themselves to me not saying they are the best because i've only used leagers & lsr.

andy

·
Registered
213 Posts
i have roll design yes it is expensive but yes it is bad a** it works awesome i dont know how many of these guys have actually used it but its nice. Walsh is nice and so is the lonestar dc-4's.The laeger pro-trax front i havent heard alot of positive things from the guys around here about it. But talk to people not the companies and talk to people that have the stuff and use it on a regular basis. A few people on this site don't even have YFZ's or long travel front end on their current bike so they just know what they hear.LIke i said i hav roll a race with it frequently and its sweet.Alot of these other companies i have personally seen their stuff break.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I need a little more info before I can give you a recomendation, how much money do you want to spend, what kind of riding do you do (is it only MX or do you ride in the woods on the weekdays), how experienced are you? I have raced on LSR, Roll and Laeger pro-trax. I must say that LSR dosen't hold a candle to the Roll or Laeger. Look at a starting line for a GNC national, you wil see three companies, Laeger, Roll, and walsh. Laeger is by far the most frequently used but you need to be fairly experienced to benefit from the pro-trax. It comes down to price and skill, if you are really good (national A or pro-am class good) then go for the laeger pro-trax. If you are a moderate rider go for the Roll or Walsh. You will need to get shocks to replace your stockers due to the added leverage of the new a-arms, I suggest AXIS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts