YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exactly does the cam mod affect the power band? I do absolutely zero drag racing and dune riding. I race in a cross country series that does woods racing with a small bit of mx usually at each course. I haven't done the cam mod yet because I wasn't sure if it would help me with my style of riding (I got the impression it was only really good for high speed applications like drag racing and climbing big, hp robbing, sand dunes).

Sorry if this has been gone over before but the search function didn't find anything for me.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
The mod adds maybe 2-4HP and yeah most in the mid to upper range. But overall I felt like my quad was more ridable after the mod. Seemed to wheely easier and have more power everywhere from idle to rev limiter.

I would say that the mod would be good no matter what kind of riding you do. I have never seen anyone not want more power. :wtf

·
Registered
137 Posts
185 hp R1 would be great, but like Pahrump said after I got mine modded, it seemed more ridable, even though most of the power is in the high rpm's imo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
and if you already have alot of mid and top?then what. dont do it even though it helps the bike go faster. my dyno jetting compared to my dads gytr has a totaly diff. power band in mid and top especialy now i got rev box. more power =me likey but will it be unridable power like a banshee all top and no were else.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by quadjockey440@Dec 21 2003, 09:44 PM
and if you already have alot of mid and top?then what. dont do it even though it helps the bike go faster. my dyno jetting compared to my dads gytr has a totaly diff. power band in mid and top especialy now i got rev box. more power =me likey but will it be unridable power like a banshee all top and no were else.
There is no way you are gonna make this quad unridable like a banshee.

Just by design it has plenty of low end torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts