YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,,, which wheels r good for sands that iNclude dunes and long ride, i heard some of them r not good at all for the sharp turns. i am new NEEED HELP :O

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
hipers :lol

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450prince@Feb 23 2004, 07:12 AM
hi,,, which wheels r good for sands that iNclude dunes and long ride, i heard some of them r not good at all for the sharp turns. i am new NEEED HELP :O
your talking about tires,, right?? not wheels..

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
ITP Sand Stars... Good all around tire. These tires on a 450 and no one will want to ride behind you... Got mine with wheels for $172 +$8 CA redemption value +tax. Not bad at all.

I have nothing but good things to say about these tires. I can throw a monter roost, power slide around bowls and still climb hills with the best of them. It all depends on what riding style you have. If you just shoot hills all the time then I would look for another tire. If you ride the dunes more then drag or hill climbing then these tires are the best IMO.

One more thing... If you get down to Geckos or Sand Stars, go with Sand Stars. Better cut and a much lighter tire.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Just found a great deal for tires...

http://www.californiamotorsportcenter.com/...ly_Specials.htm

SAND GECKOS
10" ITP WHEELS
21-11-10
$139.99/set

SAND STARS
ITP WHEELS
Rear 21-11-8
$139.99/set
Front 22-8-10
$129.99/set

XCR HOLESHOT TIRES WITH ITP WHEELS
SIZE TIRE
2 TIRES W/ WHEELS
20-11-8 6PLY $64.99 $159.99
20-11-9 6PLY $64.99 $195.99
20-11-10 6PLY $64.99 $187.99
22-7-10 6PLY FRONT $49.99 $162.99
21-7-10 6PLY FRONT $46.99 $149.99

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Feb 23 2004, 10:19 AM

I have this set and they work great.
I don't do alot of dragging, but they dig good and the fronts cut like razors. I love them. :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have 8 paddle Haulers on mine, and they rock. With the 15 tooth, it's a duners dream.

I've heard good things about the sand stars though. I actually ordered sand stars originally, but switched to Haulers because of a backorder.

edit: I did slightly bend a .125 wheel at Dumont though. If I could do it over, I might get .160s

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol thanx for the nice info. but i heared this tires isnt good for turning ( i am a n :red ew ridrer) and it give a hard time for yr back. IS it true???? and i would love to buy is from u. but i dont live in the state..i am in country call UAE, Dubai.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450prince@Feb 26 2004, 09:09 PM
:lol thanx for the nice info. but i heared this tires isnt good for turning ( i am a n :red ew ridrer) and it give a hard time for yr back. IS it true???? and i would love to buy is from u. but i dont live in the state..i am in country call UAE, Dubai.
From what I hear, the sand stars, and sand skates are better for turning, and the haulers are better for straight line.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I heard that too... but I have both types of paddles, straight on my bike, and v-paddles on my wife's. I've ridden both, and I can't tell one bit of difference in turning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Sand Starts turn excellent. And you can get them to slide also if you want them too. Can't go wrong with these. Good luck and have fun :lol

KT 8)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi again.....i am wondring what tires size u guys r running( i m talking about sand star rears.)??????????????? :wtf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts