YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
it's all personal preference. I ordered PEP's and I'm running Kenda Klaws. I got a good deal on the PEP's and the Kenda's are a great tire for the price.....that's why I'm running them 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k man... thats what kind if tires iam gonna get then ive heard alot of good things about them... thanxs for the info man

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i think TCS are prolly the best for the money....... but id spend the extra $200 and get PEP

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would save soem more $$$ and get elkas! :rock
Those are definetly the BEST shocks you could buy for any quad. It's just that their so damn expensive :evil

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have had AXIS and ive had 3 different sets of PEP, well now im switching over to TCS, they should arrive any week, i will give my opinion on how they compare to the best as soon as i ride them. Put it this way, if i didnt think they would be as good as axis and pep i wouldnt have taken a chance on somehting new...

Really though, any of the top 4 will be enough to win any race as long as your a decent rider

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would send your stock shocks to DeRisi racing for their pro millinium revalve and spring kit. As good as any aftermarket!!!!! and big $ savings!!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tim Farr has pep's front and back on his 450 for at least the time he is down under racing.

Geoff.

·
Registered
869 Posts
how much for the re-valving?

www.derisiracing.com

I will have a full report on his rebuilds this weekend. He just set mine up for GNCC racing. We will give him all week to get it dialed in.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Tony19@Aug 25 2003, 02:01 PM
Those are definetly the BEST shocks you could buy for any quad. It's just that their so damn expensive :evil
Just hung up the phone w/ Eric @ Elka:

YFZ front...

fully adjustable: $1,070.00
compression only: $895.00

YFZ rear...

fully adjustable only: $775.00

~ 2 week lead time

·
Registered
319 Posts
Stock shocks shafts are weak. Mine bent and then broke. An elka wouldnt do that. If it did its likely they would replace the shaft free.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Originally posted by XCyFz@Sep 17 2003, 04:13 PM
Stock shocks shafts are weak. Mine bent and then broke. An elka wouldnt do that. If it did its likely they would replace the shaft free.
Acutally i had a customer call me and tell me after only 40 hours of use his elka fronts one of them broke the shaft into and the springs fell out, now i have owned a set also, and comparing them on the same bike same setup the TCS blow elka out of the water, smoothness, landings dampning factor and travel i was really PISSED after spending all that cash on a set of elkas just have to have the fronts feel like adjustable struts instead of adjustable "custom" shocks, and blowing out 2 rears in 6 months, if you have owned both you will know what i am talkin about, i have been racing for many years and beleive me i have had just about every setup on every bike, cause that is what it takes to win, continually upgrading, but all you guys that jump on elkas because someone else is running them, you will make the same mistake an expensive mistake that i made, and if you heard what doug gust said about them, you wouldnt be all die hard, but i guess that kinda cash that they are paying him will make you do crazy things :wtf , and i am not saying this just becuase i am a dealer with TCS thats not what its about, i want someone to have great suspension, thats why i became a dealer in teh first place because there freakin awsome shocks, take the challenge, anyone lives around me, come one down and look me up, i will let you make a few laps on my YFZ with the Longtravel setup and you will see what i am talkin about, thats why our whole race team expect one guy, he runs PEPs uses TCS, because like i said before we have had all kinds of shocks, and we know what works and what will get you by with a little rougher ride,

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ-suprfly@Sep 18 2003, 08:16 PM
how much for the TCS shocks??
TCS shocks w/ adjustable compresion or 685 i think....... hav to ask Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
i wouldn't buy another set elkas . i had a set of works triple rates that were like 700 dollars cheaper that work like ten times better than the elka. Also i had a rear shock go out like after 3 times riding with them i sent the rear back and they fixed it but it took like 6 weeks thoes shocks look goood in my tool box . everyone that looks in the magazines theses day and sees doug gust ,williams yoakley and all the other top riders using elkas want to buy them because they think they work but i all tearms the pros are getting shocks that are totaly diffrent fom what you recive in the box and thoes guy spend weeks setting up the elkas they probly send them back to elka 5-10 times before they keep them where they are happy with them !!! :angry

·
Registered
111 Posts
My elka's worked fine :stupid

1 - 19 of 19 Posts