YFZ Central banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Definitely louder than a regular two stroke with an exhaust. If you're talking drag exhaust then no, 2 stroke is definitely louder, but a shorty exhaust on a 4 stroke is louder than a typical 2 stroke exhaust.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes i sure did, and yes my brother has the 2019 fully stock i have my 2020 with the dasa on it right now and its not even the same bike. WAAAAY louder and deeper, and again night and day with speed and torque. Not even the same bike its amazing. Still waiting on my FCI but the owner said call back Monday as he still doesn't have them in stock. Once thats set up I'm done. Should be around 50-51 HP with it as my MSD is programmed for stock bike with dasa exaughst and fci. Running a tad rich right now. View attachment 93708
How are you liking the msd? Are all the tunes programmed on it or did u have to do that yourself? Thinking of getting it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How are you liking the msd? Are all the tunes programmed on it or did u have to do that yourself? Thinking of getting it
Ok so big opinions on vortex and MSD, ill tell you from experience and the truth.
If your planning to really mod your bike and get into the engine, yes absolutely the Vortex is best.
If your planning to do what i have only, so just the DASA exaughst and the FCI intake (no bore kit, pistons, valves, sprockets, etc) the MSD is all you need bro. The vortex is a complete waste of money at that point.. My bike runs perfect with it and if you get the dasa and intake from dasaracing.com.... email Kevin and tell him thats all your putting on your bike and he will pre program it for you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
But to answer your question...
Yes there are pre programed maps and i believe 3 or 4 open maps you can ether tune yourself and create your own or get it dyno. But again if those 2 are all your putting on your bike... get the MSD, DASA exaughst and FCI intake package... you save a couple hundred dollars and again email kevin tell him thats all your putting on your bike and he'll put the exact program for that set up and bike. So you'd have the same as me. I installed and plugged it in. Started right up up, no backfire, no big, no popping and ran perfect!! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Did you try just the msd with stock no pipe or intake? Did it make a difference
No man sorry that I didn't.
However I did put the msd with dasa exaughst on, and ran stock air filter with no lid and with the same map kevin made and... it ran great. Very very slight pop on decel. But thats due to not enough air. Hence the intake and asi delete. Once that went on. It went away.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hows the quad ripping along?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Thanks for checking in i apperciate it. But to be honest, I finally finished my quad 100% (just the big 3 and all my cosmetics) as of yesterday so im stoked. And I havnt rode it yet, just putt around the street here and there. Riding season for me dont start till 2nd week of October I believe for camp razor in Glamis as thats all I ride. I will FOR SURE let you know when I take it out for the first time.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts