YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my quad riding/racing has expired. Due to heavy work schedule, boating in the summer, and just got into the classic car hobby.

I'm very bad at estimating and often either under list or over list prices.

I'm asking your all help to see what I should list my quad as locally.

quad is a 2006. I rebuilt the motor in winter of 07, and have put less than 10hrs on it since then :icon_cry:

The parts that are almost new are: Head, Cam, all 5 valves, seals, springs. CP 12.5 piston, cylinder, & Crank bearings. Once again this new motor has less than 10hrs on it.

The rest of the mods are:

Kick Start Kit (with e start)
Oil Mod
9" NMotion Exhaust
ESR Intake
Sprockets (13,14,15 tooth)

Frame Powder Coated Black (less than 10hrs on it)
Valve cover, Starter cover, timing nuts powder coated black (new)
Eyeball +2 A-arms
Houser +2 Tie-Rods
Axis Triple Rate Long Travel front shocks
Pro Taper mid bend handle bars
G-Force +2 or +4 adjustable Axle
8" Rear Hiper wheels with Intergrated hubs (less than 5hrs of use, outer ring almost perfect conditon)
10" front Hiper wheels
18" Rear Holeshot Mrx4's (brand new)
20" Front Holeshot Mrx 6's (50% tread)
AC Blackline Nerf bars
IMS bumper (smashed in, but still strong)
PRM Grab Bar
TrailTech lights
Streamline Steel braided front brake lines
Precision Steering Stabilizer
Oury Grips (New)
2 sets of plastics (1 set all white with spastic graphics, Great condition all tabs no breaks.) (2nd set see pics, great shape, no stress marks, of broken tabs)
Acerbis hand guards

Also willing to throw in:
22" Kenda Dune runner sand tires on 10" Itp C series black wheels (lots of tread left)
20" ITP Sand Star front tires on Itp C serise black wheels
2 sets of boots, size 10 Oneal boots, and size 11 thor boots)
2 helmets, 2 jerseys, many sets of gloves.

Pics:

Like I said, quad is pretty much new, and has very little hours after the rebuild. I've rode it twice since Winter 07, and hate to see it sit.

I was thinking of listing it at $8,000 is that to high or to low?

·
Registered
723 Posts
damn id part the mother....

in these crazy times i doubt your going to find someone willing to pay what its worth to you...
JMO

if you do part out shoot me your price on that front end shocks arms brake lines and that rear axle :icon_biggrin:

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
part out and sell as stock, youll make more money

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
see if you can do a part trade, like your parts for stock plus cash

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
In my opinion, $8,000 is WAY high. Especially since the new YFZ-R has come out, the YFZ's resale value really took a hit from that. I don't think I could get $8,000 for my full Walsh/Fox YFZ, I know I had a friend that had a NICE Gibson/Fox YFZ that he couldn't sell for $6,000 so he parted it out.

I'd say a part out is the way to go. You will come closer to making the money you're looking for out if it, if you have the time to do a part out. I'd be interested in some stuff if you decide to part out and I have the money.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ill take the swingarm if you part it out, i need one bad, i wanna go ridin

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (patterson450 @ Feb 15 2009, 12:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746681
Hey Shawn do you have a rear brake rezzi relocator??? Also what would you need for the rear mxr4's?[/b]
No I had an 06, they were already relocated when they made them.

If i decide to part it out I will post a thread in the for sale section, I still have mixed idea's. I have so much money into this thing and it's in excellent shape, I'd just hate to lose so much by selling it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That is a really high price, it is a really nice quad and it looks like you have a lot of money into it. But as it sits you might get $4500 probably more around $3600-$4200 ish. Which sucks but selling it like it is that might be what you get. I hope you could get more but I just don't see that happening.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
If you have the time and patience, I'd definately do a part out. I think you make more money then selling it as a complete quad.

Hell of a nice quad BTW and it sure sucks to see another racer hang it up...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts