YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been starting to consider a new/used truck. My 2010 2.3 ford ranger can pull the trailer along with the quad, but it is simply getting worn out. 257 thousand miles (im the original owner, did lots of miles 1st 4 years of ownership) is quite a chunk of miles.... Reliable mofo but not unbreakable as it developed a cracked head at 207k but it got fixed. Any dodge owners? Tacoma owners? Feeling the bug for more power.

What V6 or V8 truck you got and do you like it? Not a fan of the stop start BS.

·
Registered
180 Posts
2018 Tundra Crewmax Limited - 1st truck I’ve ever owned and never really been a “truck” guy. Actually had the whole deal set up at one point and was supposed to go sign all the paperwork and pick it up on a Saturday. I backed out at the last minute and ended up going back 3 months later and getting it. Fast forward to now after having it 9 months and 8K miles later: It’s growing on me and I definitely couldn’t go back to having anything smaller. Love being able to throw my quad in the back and trailer my boys machines (which is the main reason I bought it) Still not in love with it although I do appreciate it more now than when I first got it. Dropping it off March 2nd for lift/wheels & tires so I may love it once that’s done, Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got a 04 chevy Silverado extended cab 4x4. Ordered it with 4.10 posi and tow package. 130K miles and still going strong.
Also have a 73 K5 Blazer pre runner. Dosent haul a trailer but hauls butt across the desert and dunes.
Been looking at another truck myself to tow a toy hauler. Been looking at a Ford Diesel, 6.0 that has been bulletproof or a last year 7.3. If I go new, I'll wait for the Ram Rebel TRX with the Hellcat motor. Should be out next year.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
17 Silverado here.
This is a pic of my 15. But same exact truck. Quad fits in the bed, gate closed.
Had a blackbear tune. Truck would fly. I could cruise at 100 easy in the thing.
My truck is white now. Same exact truck tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got an 01 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel with a 6 speed, and an 04 Tacoma base model 2wd 4 cyl 5 speed.

When I go on long trips with friends, we take the old Cummins. It's a nice truck inside and out, has awesome power, can pull whatever you want behind it, etc.

If I go somewhere on my own, or I'm meeting everyone else there, I take the Tacoma. Banshee and YFZ fit in the bed perfectly, with the tailgate shut. I went 2.5 hours one way to MA for a lot session, fully loaded with two stunt bikes, tools, fuel, and all of our gear, spent less than $30 in fuel round trip. I absolutely love it. And I was whipping 80-90 with the convoy the entire time. Keeps right up.

My big truck just sits mostly nowadays. It's built to tow and is fun to drive with its setup. Compound turbos (S362 over S480) and all the supporting goodies to go along with it. However, it's just so much easier to throw gas in the Tacoma, start it up and go. No worries about finding diesel fuel, or additives, no monitoring the EGT gauge like a hawk. Just get in and go.

·
Registered
73 Posts
99 F250, truck has been in the family since new, sentimental value, if you will. Recent upgrade with the 4" lift. Got to man up a bit more when getting the quad in the back if I'm not throwing it on the trailer.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
812 Posts
2014 Silverado with the 5.3L V8. Happy with the truck overall but I think my next one will be an F-150.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks. I usually run BFGs, but figured I'd give these a try. I used to run Cooper's back in the day, they used to do well, so I'll see how they do. Any issues with yours?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
812 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Not familiar on that tuner. What all does it allow you to do?
Same as any other almost, you data log your truck, send it to black bear, they build you a map. Do that a couple times until your happy.
It's an EFI live tool. So you can down load them on your computer and store them.
I'd call them and see what is needed.
But I miss it. It was so awesome. Truck pulled damn hard. Actually held a gear. Didn't jump to 6th. No lag when you floor it.
If I babied it, I got a lot better mileage. But I had to run 94 or else it would knock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Update after 4” lift with rear toytech shackles, 22” Fuel wheels and 35” Nitto Trail Grapplers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Daily driver
2006 silvy
4x4 z71
Cst lift
K&n, flow master
Deaver Springs, fox shocks.
BFg 35x17 walker evans true beadlocks.

98 zj
Dana 44
Ford 9
Bds 6 1/2 long arm lift
Psc steer assist
Rock hard roll cage
Too much stuff to list. Got flat fenders too mount on front still. Just Empty Every Pocket(still better then a boat)
This jeep is made for extreme rock crawling w/heating and a/c.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts