YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im wanting to buy a new atv in the next few weeks..im realy wanting the 450, but all the dealers around where i live are telling me its "race only" and very high maintenance..i want somthing that i can race if i want to, but also ride in the trails just fine with no problems..will the 450 be ok for this? the only other thing id be intrested in would be the kfx 400, but i dont like how it sets so high..
so i guess what im asking is will the 450 be dependable to ride in the trails alot? or do i need to go with somthing else? if so what is the next best thing.?.im realy hoping the 450 will be ok though.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have only raced mine once and it was through woods, it was a HS. I mainly ride mine trails etc and it is an awesome trail machine! I got rid of a Raptor which is a so called trail machien because the YFZ was a better trail rider IMO. I dunno why the dealers are say its race only. I have 50 hours on my first YFZ and about 25 on the second and no maintance problems.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds great..thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Most sales jackasses don't even ride quads and know nothing about them. They just bullshit their way through it. You did the right thing by coming here. It is race capable, not race only. Get what you want and be happy with it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I' have to agree with the previous statements. A lot of Sales people don't know what they are talking about. Funny how sometimes they want to talk you into stuff you dont need/want and sometimes they talk you out of stuff. The YFZ may need a tad more maintenance then your avg utility Quad but no more than like a Z400 and other sport quads. Get the YFZ450 and have a ball in the woods dude.
My 2 cents

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by WP@Aug 20 2003, 10:29 PM
Most sales jackasses don't even ride quads and know nothing about them. They just bullshit their way through it. You did the right thing by coming here. It is race capable, not race only. Get what you want and be happy with it.
I'll agree. I went to my dealer the day after they annouced them to see when "mine" would be there and he was like we want have them for about two weeks but you could get a Predator for $1000 less and they are almost exactly the same. i looked at him like :re

1 - 6 of 6 Posts