YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a set of 22in 14 paddles off of here for future use on my yfz that i plan to do a full out build on eventually, but in the mean time i was wanting to run them on the GF's lightly modded yfz (port/polish and 13:1) shes already running 1 tooth down in the front stock rear, just wondering what you guys think gear wise would be best for running the hill (sand mountain utah & choke/thunder St annes ID) along with normal dunning?

·
Super Moderator
4,532 Posts
14 paddle gliders I hope? if those are haulers or extremes that is wayyyyy to much tire for even a built to the hilt yfz on those hills.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14 paddle gliders I hope? if those are haulers or extremes that is wayyyyy to much tire for even a built to the hilt yfz on those hills.
i think they are haulers honestly, yeah im thinking they will be a lot of hook thats why im looking to see if i can find a gear set up i can make work with them. the only other option is her big heavy molded V-blades that i think would probably be just as bad.

·
Super Moderator
4,532 Posts
i think they are haulers honestly, yeah im thinking they will be a lot of hook thats why im looking to see if i can find a gear set up i can make work with them. the only other option is her big heavy molded V-blades that i think would probably be just as bad.
you can try the 1 tooth down in the front but honestly thats not going to help a whole lot, thats just way to much paddle. I'd try the v-blades or sell both sets and look for some 21" or 22" tall 6-7 paddle haulers or 10-12 paddle gliders depending on how far your going to eventually go with the build. The gliders will be worth a few bike lengths on the hill vs haulers. They give up traction off the line but the shorter paddle more than makes up for it further up the hill.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
x2 on what 06 had to say, 14 haulers are going to kill you aon those hills, you need about a 10 glider or 6 hauler

·
Super Moderator
4,532 Posts
Ok, I'll look for some gliders.
Any good things about glider/hauler combo 8's?
combo's work great on certain setups, you'll get a little bit better traction out of the hole but imo that'd still bog you down up top more than it should, a 22" tall 10 paddle glidder will still be a little to much for the bike mostly stock but once you mod it some they'll be perfect for those hills.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
were already 1 tooth down, in the front.
i found a setof 8 combos or 9 haulers and not sure which to get. thinking maybe the 9's to eventually run on my bigbore/stroked yfz.
i have a few buddies running 10 haulers on stock/very mild bikes and they like them but id rather be out in front of them on a purple bike ha

·
Super Moderator
4,532 Posts
were already 1 tooth down, in the front.
i found a setof 8 combos or 9 haulers and not sure which to get. thinking maybe the 9's to eventually run on my bigbore/stroked yfz.
i have a few buddies running 10 haulers on stock/very mild bikes and they like them but id rather be out in front of them on a purple bike ha
If they were to switch to less paddle they'd pickup several bike lengths on the hill. If you were riding at say the oregon dunes with shorter hills or somewhere flat those 8-10 paddle haulers would work fine but on the longer hills that st anthony and the others have they just bog you down way to much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If they were to switch to less paddle they'd pickup several bike lengths on the hill. If you were riding at say the oregon dunes with shorter hills or somewhere flat those 8-10 paddle haulers would work fine but on the longer hills that st anthony and the others have they just bog you down way to much.
i run at silver lake sand dunes michigan the tallest hill is about 3/4 of banshee hill at the Oregon dunes and my yfz has mild mods would a 22-11-10 10 paddle hauler work or should i get the same size 8 paddle hauler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts