YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 yfz450r with a full yoshi exhaust, pcv programmer with auto tuner, 08 intake cam, k&n modquad air filter. What should be the next things that i do to make this quad gain some power. any easy mods for increase power? any more fairly cheap parts to gain power? pretty much any ideas at all.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Otherwise, you could just spend a few bucks on some epoxy, and get a cheap die grinder and some bits from Harbor Freight and do the job if you follow the many porting threads available here on the forum. Unless of course you don´t feel comfortable doing it yourself, in which case it may be better to let a professional handle it. But, yeah, as diypunx said, that neighborhood should be what to expect-- at least from any reputable shop. Word of mouth goes a long way when it comes to port work, so generally you should ask around (as you´re doing here) and go with whoever you feel comfortable/confident with. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have already planned on getting a fci. What about doing the single layer head gasket mod. would that help things? also, what about the air injection system removal. would that help out? id like to do everything i can to get as much out of this quad as i can.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I wouldn't do the SLHG mod on the 2014, the rod is .009" longer, the piston squish would probably be to tight. Get a high compression piston and run race gas.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in the boondocks guys. i live in southwest virginia. obtaining race fuel here is impossible. i looked at mixxers high compression sticky and im thinking of going with the 12.25-1 high compression venom piston that can still run pump gas.

also a question about the fci. should i get the one with the airbox or without. around here we get into a lot of mud so i dont know if i need the airbox or not. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Get it with the air box if you ride in mud from time to time. The Venom pistons are no longer made. a shelf CP 12.5:1 will be just about as good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.