YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 that I never did the oil mod to and it finally gave out. So I bought a +3 Hot crank. I would like to know what piston I can run? I really don't want to run race fuel and I would like to stay with the stock bore. Alba is trying to tell me I need some $412.00 custom made piston. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
You should be able to run any piston you want as long as you don't have the upgraded '07 oil squirter installed then you can't run CP pistons. CP might have worked around the problem by now, but last I checked the x webbing made contact with the squirter.

I would recommend however that once you buy a piston to ship both the piston and the crank out together to Crankworks to have the crank "trued and balanced" to reduce vibration and increase reliability JMO.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
the above info is correct.... the hotrods +3 crank has been known to vibrate.... its not worth the risk...

send the crank, and piston to be balanced and matched. crankworks does a great job of this.

any stock style piston is fine with the crank.... Venom has a 12.25:1 piston that is ok on pump gas... it would be a great setup.... but there are many options from Wiseco and JE out there as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts