YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am watching 3 pistons on ebay and i was wondering which one out of the 3 would be the best. The first one is a cp piston with 13:1 compression. 2nd is a JE 13.5:1 and the 3rd one is a Wiseco 13:1 comp. The reason im getting a new piston is that i want more power also my rod bearing went out on the crank. your help would be appreciated Thanks Shane

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'd go JE or Cp. Had good luck from both, heard some horror stories about Wiseco.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (drgnerth @ Feb 17 2009, 05:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747597
I'd go JE or Cp. Had good luck from both, heard some horror stories about Wiseco.[/b]
I heard somthing a about je getting hairline cracks u ever hear of something like that?????

·
Registered
762 Posts
I would choose CP. I have heard the cracking issues with the JE pistons too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just about all the guys making serious power are all running Wiseco's. All the pistons are going to give you similar reliability. Most horror stories are a result of abuse somewere down the road. Not warming up, low oil, overheating etc.

·
Registered
550 Posts
ive herd CP is the way 2 go on the YFZ

KB motorsports im about 2 get a 12.5:1 CP on ebay for 189 shipped.
can u do better??

·
Registered
657 Posts
jande pistons are pos. go with the wiseco or cp. make sure you go with forged also.. NEVER get a cast piston unless your running all stock compression and are letting your little sister ride it. spend the extra money on the forged.. save you even more in the long run if you plan to ride it hard

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the help guys i should hopefully have my bike running by next week

·
Registered
938 Posts
QUOTE (MustHaveBeenBlue @ Feb 18 2009, 06:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747856
jande pistons are pos. go with the wiseco or cp. make sure you go with forged also.. NEVER get a cast piston unless your running all stock compression and are letting your little sister ride it. spend the extra money on the forged.. save you even more in the long run if you plan to ride it hard[/b]

Dont ever run a weisco, i could show you pics that would make you cry if you have one in your quad

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (MustHaveBeenBlue @ Feb 18 2009, 06:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747856
jande pistons are pos. go with the wiseco or cp. make sure you go with forged also.. NEVER get a cast piston unless your running all stock compression and are letting your little sister ride it. spend the extra money on the forged.. save you even more in the long run if you plan to ride it hard[/b]
Whats if your little sister is Traci Cecco? haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts