YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get either the blue HMF with the quiet core or
the yoshimura with the quiet kit. Does anyone have either of these pipes to give me a review on them?

·
Registered
73 Posts
:search :sonic

·
Registered
137 Posts
Get a rossier engineering full system. You can not go wrong.

And plus why would you want to be just like every one else?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get GYTR

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go with the HMF! Its just as good, maybe better in some people's opinions, but either way, your saving a hell of alot of money going with the HMF! Plus I think it looks kewler! :rock :yfz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
jardine

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I have an yoshi full system titanium and couldn't be happier. Sounds great and performs even better

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Click Here to hear the jardine exhaust. it sounds sweet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
LRD ppl, it's really not a hard choice. I beat the HMF by so far it really isn't funny.... really it's not. Yoshi,FMF, pretty much everything but a bike that came from sparks and the ESR's that run close. If you want horsepower go with LRD. Was there not anybody at dumont thanksgiving,MLK,or New Years?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Undertow - are you kidding?

I have raced you @ dumont over new years. I only have a slip-on (HMF) and you were beating me by about 2 lengths up comp hill.

I weigh at least 70lbs more than you. IF the bikes had equal weight riders im sure the results would have been different. LRD makes a good pipe but so do all of the other ones that you mentioned.

it is more in the tuning and rider weight IMO

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Feb 4 2004, 10:56 PM

I have raced you @ dumont over new years. I only have a slip-on (HMF) and you were beating me by about 2 lengths up comp hill.

I weigh at least 70lbs more than you. IF the bikes had equal weight riders im sure the results would have been different. LRD makes a good pipe but so do all of the other ones that you mentioned.

"it is more in the tuning and rider weight IMO"

exactly my thoughts :sucks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Go with the Jardine or the HMF. the hmf looks sweet but the jardine puts out more horses

G

·
Originally posted by miniman450@Feb 6 2004, 11:58 AM
Go with the Jardine or the HMF. the hmf looks sweet but the jardine puts out more horses
nEGATIVE THEY ALL PUT OUT ARONG THE SAME POWER ITS JUST FOCUSED TO DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE POWERBAND (LOW, MID, HIGH) ;)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by Clutch123+Feb 6 2004, 01:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Clutch123 @ Feb 6 2004, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--miniman450@Feb 6 2004, 11:58 AM
nEGATIVE THEY ALL PUT OUT ARONG THE SAME POWER ITS JUST FOCUSED TO DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE POWERBAND (LOW, MID, HIGH) ;) [/b][/quote]
look at the atv rider test....it puts out i think 2 hp more than the next best.

·
Registered
552 Posts
pipe? why would u want that? remove the exhaust n keep the headers n get the best sound n just rejet it! no0! im j/k! i'd go wit yoshimura

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Feb 4 2004, 10:56 PM

2 huh? :re Not really trying to start nothing here but christ man I don't even remember racing you and I remember every yfz that is within 2, I do remember meeting you right before I raced selector but don't remember lineing up with you, You gonna be down presidents? If so I'd like to show you 2 lengths again. Let me ask you this, does my bike stand out in drag race? I know the 40-50 odd ppl that came and talked to me that weekend sure seemed to think it did. 2 lenghts? I don't want everybody to think that I believe I have the fastest bike around because I don't... but I do know who and what I've beat and every other bike with the same mods but different pipe gets walked everytime. And out of curiosity how many bikes did you see beat me that weekend? The weight does make a difference, a huge difference, I know this because when ppl are sending there 80 pound kids out to race you after beating them you see pretty quick just how much of a difference it makes. But your welcome to find a 165 pound rider and see how your bike does. I can already tell you the result though.And if you beat me I'll be the first to come on here and rave about how great hmf pipes are. The main reason this pipe thing bothers me is because I almost bought a hmf after listening to everybody hear rant on about how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, sure I can see how you could think that... if you don't really have something to compare it too. Thank god I waited and went with a pipe I know performs better on the dyno. Oh how I love arguing over the internet :D No hard feelings on this end 8)

lrd pipe
175 main
48 pilot
stock needle... can't remember position.
cam mod
NO [email protected]
lid off

·
Registered
474 Posts
Oh yeah, well I bet with a pipe on my big wheel I could beat you up comp hill....c'mon, now, Can't we all just get along?? How about we say, instead of my yfz is faster than your yfz, why don't we say our yfz's with a variety of different pipes is faster than most of the other bikes......can I get an amen????? :moose :woo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by whodini@Feb 6 2004, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah, well I bet with a pipe on my big wheel I could beat you up comp hill....c'mon, now, Can't we all just get along?? How about we say, instead of my yfz is faster than your yfz, why don't we say our yfz's with a variety of different pipes is faster than most of the other bikes......can I get an amen????? :moose :woo
Amen and true... but this is more fun :evilgrin and we'd probably be going the same speed in 5 years if there was no arguing over who is faster.. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
UNDERTOW, WHAT ARE YOU USING FOR INTAKE? EXACTLY! STOCK FILTER, AFTER MARKET FOAM OR PRO DESIGN KIT WITH FOAM? I TRIED SOME DIFFERENT JETTING COMBOS ON A YFZ WITH STOCK INTAKE AND COULD'NT GET CLOSE TO WHERE YOU ARE. I THINK THE DIAMETER OF THE STOCK FILTER FLANGE IS WAY TOO SMALL. JUST CURIOUS. PLEASE DON'T VERBALY ASSAULT ME. PLEASE!!!! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW. :lol :lol :lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts