YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What pipe do you guys reccamend? I was thinking HMF cause of the price and quiet core. I want a pipe that I can get a lot of power from for racing next season, however it has to be US forrestry approved spark arrestor or an attachment so when I go on trips to silver lake etc. I was thinking either HMF or White Brothers? Any reccamendations?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1@Dec 2 2003, 01:04 AM
Between the 2 you listed i would go HMF.
:stupid ................. not sure if the TC has a spark arrestor but it will prolly be the best for MX :rock

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Dec 1 2003, 08:08 PM
If you have the money for a TC (You pay A LOT more for less...) then go with that. But i have a HMF and love it! Its great and the fit and finish is simply awesome!!!

http://www.yfzcentral.com/reviews/hmf/hmfexhaust.htm
I like the HMF too but saw an HMF piped YFZ get smoked by a tri oval piped YFZ so I am thinking maybe I should get a pipe that will put out more power. By the way I want low-mid power. Is the HMF low to mid?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do you remember where you saw the video?? And I would go HMF. :rock

- Bill

·
Registered
149 Posts
between the two you listed..i would probably go with the hmf..but overall i would choose the curtis sparks racing..im ordering one for my dvx400 from woodward

·
Registered
112 Posts
I haven't had any experience with any other brands but I just installed the Alba racing pipe on my 450 and I was truly impressed. I opted for the black finish and it does look nice. It seems of great quality and has an awesome sound. I haven't had the chance to go all out on a full ride but from what i tested it yields awesome gains on low-mid and respectible gains on top. Its not too pricey either and comes with the K&N pro flow adapter kit. Its right there with the duncan racing pipe IMO, haven't owned a Duncan but some friends I race with have them. Alba has a quiet core insert going through forestry right now and will be available soon.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by BillsBlaster@Dec 1 2003, 08:40 PM
Do you remember where you saw the video?? And I would go HMF. :rock

- Bill
I did not see a video of it I saw it personally at Silver Lake. Yoshi is too mouch money for me though. Does the HMF have good bottom to mid end gain?

ANyone race their HMF piped YFZ vs. other Piped YFZs? If so what was the outcome?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I am suprised selector has not chimed in and said Thunder Alley you get a complete kit for $350 and its a great pipe from what I understand

·
Registered
545 Posts
gyt-r or hmf

since you need a spark arrestor and quite core that rules out just about every pipe people have mentioned.

ie...sparks,thunder alle, tc

my sparks x-6 exhaust on 400ex had a sparky and it sucked!!!! i hated it!!! the disc type sparkys really rob power and change the sound a lot

i would have gone with thunder alley or sparks cuz there great pipes but i need a sparky and a quite core in a lot of places. but i really like my gyt-r :lol

cali is now at a 96 db limit :O

·
Registered
465 Posts
how did you get in touch with woodward, i need to order some stuff to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts