YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yamalube 10w-50 is amazing. It also depends on your climate, in the owners’ manual, it explains what oil you use depending on your environment. Yamalube with ester oil products are great, still running stock clutch on my 08 with no slippage.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
CLEAN wet clutch oil for the win. 10w40

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
10/40 if you don't ride under freezing Temps. Switch to 10/30 for 37 and below. 10/50 if your in a hot climate. Any name brand oil is good. You'll get a million answers for which one but they're all right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
10/40 if you don't ride under freezing Temps. 10/30 if you do. 10/50 if your in a hot climate. Any name brand oil is good. You'll get a million answers for which one but they all right.
That's right. Use a name brand full synthetic oil. It is arguably better on your engine if you consistently use the same engine oil though. It won't hurt it, but then the oil doesn't mix with previous oils from previous changes. There's always a little residue from each change.

·
Registered
20 Posts
IMO, i really like the ams oil 100% synthetic metric oil. it’s definitely not the cheapest. but i know it’s reliable and it smells great. better than running cheap stuff and blowing the motor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lol smells great. I love the smell of oil period. Haha. Ya it's a great oil, no doubt. The oil you use is personal preference being honest. But, usually oils that cost more are better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts