YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of paddles is everyone runnin? Just gettin back into the sand, and new to the 4 stroke thing. Used to only be skates and haulers. Now there's stars, geckos, roosters ... Whats good on the YFZ?

Thanks,

Lars

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lars stick to Skates and Haulers man. These molded paddles are junk. 8 paddles in either a skate or hauler is going to be perfect on a YFZ.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Haulers are awesome if you just want to drag or hill shoot. What kind of duning are you doing? I switched to the new ITP Sandstars. I have not gotten to try em out, I wanted a paddle that I could roost around with not just go straight. Those haulers I was using hooked up awesome but I mean they only wanted to go straight. I'll let everyone know how I like my Sandstars after my next trip in October.

IMO I would only buy sand tires from, Skat Trak, Sand Tires Unlimited, and ITP, even though ITP is new to the sand tire SCENE all their other tires are awesome. Those other cheaper tires dont work for shit, especially those geckos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want a paddle for general shredding. Used to have haulers for draggin and skates for all around. Just wondering if anything new has come out that is worth while. I was kinda eye-balling the Stars.

Thanks,

Lars

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i use haulers, and i do a lot more duning than just dragging. they turn and slide just fine. I wont go back to any other paddle after running the haulers

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
the rears..... 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers on a 10x8 rim are going to be the best tire/rim combo you can get....... theyre gunna be the lightest cuz of more rim and less tire but are still going to dig becuase the top's gunna be rounded cuz of the 8" width of the rim

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Sep 18 2003, 01:40 PM
the rears..... 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers on a 10x8 rim are going to be the best tire/rim combo you can get....... theyre gunna be the lightest cuz of more rim and less tire but are still going to dig becuase the top's gunna be rounded cuz of the 8" width of the rim
20x10x10 8 Paddle haulers are the exact tires I ran on my built Z434. very good choice!!

I am waiting on new rims to swap them over to fit the Yamaha bolt pattern

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Is it better to get an 8" wheel or a 10"?

What about the thickness .120's are great in the sand and are way light but if I want to get a little air will the .190's be needed?

I know in motocross I have .190's and for trails but what about the sand.

I want this thing to go fast as possible in a straight line but I want to be able to catch a little air (maybe alot) also.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I just bought some sand stars and I have haulers too. I like the sand stars a little better, they tend to help me corner a little better than the haulers. They are a little heavier though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Have 9 Paddle Hualers On My KFX400 Well The Extream Hualers They Hookup Very Good Climb Hills Good And If You Are A Good Rider They Turn Awsome but It Takes A Couple Days Of Practice To Get Use To Tunring Sharp With Them By The Way My KFx400 is stock :rock

·
Registered
55 Posts
egerat, or anyone else have pictures of the difference between the haulers and skats, also which rims do i want for the front and rear? Mostly drag racing my friends but also do some dune jumps, so i dont want some lo pro tires.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Sep 19 2003, 03:46 AM
Is it better to get an 8" wheel or a 10"?

What about the thickness .120's are great in the sand and are way light but if I want to get a little air will the .190's be needed?

I know in motocross I have .190's and for trails but what about the sand.

I want this thing to go fast as possible in a straight line but I want to be able to catch a little air (maybe alot) also.
If you want fast as possible get baldies 21x7 on front triple buffed with 160 Douglas.

and on back 22x7x8 haulers on back double buffed with 160 douglas.

any other hauler combo is good also.

like the usual 21x12or11x8 8 paddles on douglas 190 on back is good also they are pretty fast for drgs

The 8 inch is softer ride and the tires stretch more when running (faster) and they grab better.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Thanks for all the help I knew what tire I was going with and now I decided to go with the 8" rim THANKS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts